Budget Red Dot Optics Recommendations?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look into Vortex Optics. They have two RDS, the strikefire and the sparc. Both are reasonably priced and offer a lifetime warranty.

I've ordered a Vortex Strikefire. Has gotten good reviews. Good warranty. Decent price for the features. So we'll see. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Posted Images

http://centerpoint.c...m/sights/CPRDWL

Picked this up at Wally World in the spring, for a bit over 40 bucks. Came with rings. It's held up well on my saiga 7.62x39, mounted to a bp02. Holds zero just fine, once I used an actual bolt instead of the quick release on the bp02 (not the reddots fault) Adjustable MOA and both green and red dot colors. I wasn't sure if I wanted a reddot or a scope for it and picked it up on a whim, figured 40 bucks whats the harm?. I have well over 1000 rounds through it and its doing well. I get pretty tight groups out to 100 yards as well. (zero'ed at 50, for 100 I aim low)

anyway, hi btw, long time lurker first time poster.

Edited by sharkeater

http://centerpoint.c...m/sights/CPRDWL

Picked this up at Wally World in the spring, for a bit over 40 bucks. Came with rings. It's held up well on my saiga 7.62x39, mounted to a bp02. Holds zero just fine, once I used an actual bolt instead of the quick release on the bp02 (not the reddots fault) Adjustable MOA and both green and red dot colors. I wasn't sure if I wanted a reddot or a scope for it and picked it up on a whim, figured 40 bucks whats the harm?. I have well over 1000 rounds through it and its doing well. I get pretty tight groups out to 100 yards as well. (zero'ed at 50, for 100 I aim low)

anyway, hi btw, long time lurker first time poster.

I actually have a Nayvis 34 and secured it on a post over at AKFILES.com. I got it directly mounted to a bp-02 side mount shipped for $120. My version is strange because the red dot does not have a weaver or picatinny mounting hardware but is directly bolted to the mount with two screws. I had to add red lock-tite to the screws in order to assure full mounting. I need to get to the range to zero it in @ 100 yards. Early on I had an issue with the dot turning off from the recoil if I had to guess, but I stretched the spring that was responsible for holding pressure on the battery to the terminal.

Also, I will admit that your zero'ing technique is a little unorthodox. Usually one will zero at 50 to be about 1"-1.5" high in order to be zeroed at 100 yards (YMMV, I own a 5.45).

Also, I will admit that your zero'ing technique is a little unorthodox. Usually one will zero at 50 to be about 1"-1.5" high in order to be zeroed at 100 yards (YMMV, I own a 5.45).

That is strange about the BP02. mine had a weaver on it to start.

As for zeroing, I toyed with it a bit at the 100 yard range. (havent' taken it out the the cornfield yet.) The reason I sighted it in for 50 (and tried it at 25 as well) was I wanted it to be fairly accurate at close range. For a shot that mattered outside of 100 I have other weapons at my disposal. (I probably will play with it a bit to see what it will do)

Part of the reason I think I'm in a situation where i'm aiming low at 100 and its noticable is how high the BP sits, tjat extra fifty yards is noticable with how high the gun will shoot. =( I can remove the dustcover with it mounted. Its stamped Bp02 from Belsarus, and I picked it up I think from primary arms. Originally I thought the BP01 was the high one and the 02 was the low one, but once I saw what it was and that I wouldnt have to remove it to do basic cleaning of the gun I stuck with it.

edit: price wise I think it was about 60 bucks shipped for the mount, and the reddot is msrp 60 bucks, although I paid considerably less retail for it. essentially we are in the same ballpark on price.

I've considered getting a posp for it, which comes with its own mount. especially given how high i could see a scope sitting on the bp02 (at least the one I have)

Edited by sharkeater

Like others have stated above, I have a Bushnell TRS 25 mounted on a K-VAR side rail. I have put well over 2K rounds through it without a problem. Holds zero perfectly and was quick to sight in.

My BP-02 has front to back play (about a quarter'ish of an inch). Does anyone else have this problem?

My BP-02 has front to back play (about a quarter'ish of an inch). Does anyone else have this problem?

What I did was hit up the local ma and pop ace hardware (tons of odds and ends in the way of bolts ect)

and got a match to the quick release bolt. *for the life of me I don't remember what I threw in there. just fiddled around in their drawers of bolts till I found a match.

Then I put in a real bolt, with some locktight. That wiggle was gone. what happens is you can't get it tight enough (don't over tighten you'll strip it and have to re-tap the thing) with the quick release, mine was about a third of a turn short of where it needed to be to lock it down.

/cheers.

(sorry this has sorta gotten off topic. :X )

Edited by sharkeater

Like others have stated above, I have a Bushnell TRS 25 mounted on a K-VAR side rail. I have put well over 2K rounds through it without a problem. Holds zero perfectly and was quick to sight in.

Mine did at first. It frustrated me until I realized that I could tighten it by one more notch on the nut. It is a little harder to get on and off, and a little harder to lock it on with the arm, but now it does not move at all when in the locked position. Give it a try. Turn the nut one more increment tighter. It should still slide on with a little effort.

Mine did at first. It frustrated me until I realized that I could tighten it by one more notch on the nut. It is a little harder to get on and off, and a little harder to lock it on with the arm, but now it does not move at all when in the locked position. Give it a try. Turn the nut one more increment tighter. It should still slide on with a little effort.

This is right on topic lol... I am not home unfortunately. I have no idea what nut yall are talking about. I might need some pics if it isn't too much trouble.