CHROME DRACO PISTOL finally in my possession!!!

thanks everyone for all your help and ideas. the wait is now over and after removing the firing pin and cycling some real ammo, wolf to be exact i had no problems. i guess i was worried for nothing and the gun just needs to be broke in "knock on wood". well i got some flitz and some polishing bits for my dremel and i think it's time to do some shining. i believe this piece should look the part. i'll post some pics as soon as it's done. i hope i'm not doing this prematurely seeing as i have not shot the gun but i do not plan on returning for a refund either way. thanks again for everyone's help and hope to have some pics soon. :super:

I just got one of those Chrome dracos as well. I noticed that classic was selling the chrome ak's so I asked them about the dracos, and they said they had a shipment coming in the following week, so I placed my order with them that day.

Same with my gun, i think a little breaking in and a polish job will do the trick.

I am scrapping the pistol grip and handguard and putting on a Hogue ergo grip and Midwest Industries handguard. That shitty one it came with has too much play in it for me.

also, the two mags they sent me were complete shit. So much for the chromed out mag, looks like gray Krylon instead of chrome plating.

pics to come!

Well over a month i ago got my money up to get a draco pistol. been wanting one for some time now. well they were sold out when i went to place the order. they said wait because they were going to get a select few in in all chrome. i said hell yeh:super: so i waited and waited checking the site every day until finally it popped up on there site. i immediately called my ffl and by that afternoon i was able to place my order. they only had twenty :cryss: so i jumped on this quick knowing they would be gone in a blink. well every thing went smooth until it shipped to my ffl. i tracked it so i new he had received and signed for it. he said he would call when he got it but he didn't. i called that evening and didn't get an answer. i thought he must be busy. well several days passed and i couldn't get him on the phone :cryss: . i thought the worst and was preparing myself to go to the police. but he finally answered and was in the hospital getting a pace maker put in :cryss: . well i felt bad for thinking the worst :unsure: and sunday got my gun :super: . my ffl is ok and doing good. by the way he is a real cool guy and i will be doing business with him in the future. well now for the bad news. i have some snap caps that wont seem to chamber properly. in other words the bolt carrier won't close all the way when i jack one in :cryss: . i hope i don't have to send it off or back :eek: .

I was under the impresson that you had to have the class III stamp for one of them. Do you? Or can anyone who can legally buy a gun get one? I was in a situation some time ago, where I cut the FSB off of a 16" Saiga I had, and pressed on a brand new one. It shortened the barrel 1/4" of being legal.(which I later found in this story) A few years later, I converted it, and removed the FSB again, and took it to a local gunsmith to have it pressed back on ( for perfect center over the barrel alignment). The guy I was talking to began to look it over, and pulled out a tape measure and measured the barrel length, and went ballistic. I told the asshole that once I weld the muzzle brake to the FSB, it would be plenty legal, lengthwise. He went crazy explaning about how I can get 10 years in prison and six digits in fines, and was supposed to confiscate it and report me to the feds. Before he could finish his tantrum, I snatched it from his hands, drove home, and immediatly cut her up into bite sized pieces. I then immediatly ordered another (dimpled!!), treated myself to a couple thousand rounds of Wolf, and I have spare guts from the cut up one, to boot. It was definately worth the spared prison term, and I figure I saved at least $99,000.00 .

Well over a month i ago got my money up to get a draco pistol. been wanting one for some time now. well they were sold out when i went to place the order. they said wait because they were going to get a select few in in all chrome. i said hell yeh:super: so i waited and waited checking the site every day until finally it popped up on there site. i immediately called my ffl and by that afternoon i was able to place my order. they only had twenty :cryss: so i jumped on this quick knowing they would be gone in a blink. well every thing went smooth until it shipped to my ffl. i tracked it so i new he had received and signed for it. he said he would call when he got it but he didn't. i called that evening and didn't get an answer. i thought he must be busy. well several days passed and i couldn't get him on the phone :cryss: . i thought the worst and was preparing myself to go to the police. but he finally answered and was in the hospital getting a pace maker put in :cryss: . well i felt bad for thinking the worst :unsure: and sunday got my gun :super: . my ffl is ok and doing good. by the way he is a real cool guy and i will be doing business with him in the future. well now for the bad news. i have some snap caps that wont seem to chamber properly. in other words the bolt carrier won't close all the way when i jack one in :cryss: . i hope i don't have to send it off or back :eek: .

I was under the impresson that you had to have the class III stamp for one of them. Do you? Or can anyone who can legally buy a gun get one? I was in a situation some time ago, where I cut the FSB off of a 16" Saiga I had, and pressed on a brand new one. It shortened the barrel 1/4" of being legal.(which I later found in this story) A few years later, I converted it, and removed the FSB again, and took it to a local gunsmith to have it pressed back on ( for perfect center over the barrel alignment). The guy I was talking to began to look it over, and pulled out a tape measure and measured the barrel length, and went ballistic. I told the asshole that once I weld the muzzle brake to the FSB, it would be plenty legal, lengthwise. He went crazy explaning about how I can get 10 years in prison and six digits in fines, and was supposed to confiscate it and report me to the feds. Before he could finish his tantrum, I snatched it from his hands, drove home, and immediatly cut her up into bite sized pieces. I then immediatly ordered another (dimpled!!), treated myself to a couple thousand rounds of Wolf, and I have spare guts from the cut up one, to boot. It was definately worth the spared prison term, and I figure I saved at least $99,000.00 .

The Draco is a regular pistol and unless your state prohibits it (which Montana doesn't) you can have one. You just can't put a vertical grip or a stock on it without getting the proper ATF tax stamps. Stock makes it an SBR, vertical grip makes it an AOW.

The Draco is a regular pistol and unless your state prohibits it (which Montana doesn't) you can have one. You just can't put a vertical grip or a stock on it without getting the proper ATF tax stamps. Stock makes it an SBR, vertical grip makes it an AOW.

Thanks Klassy. Kinda odd that the fuds wouldn't let a guy put a stock on it unless he had the tax stamps. I'd sure like to have one with a folder, but I won't apply for the tax stamp for the reason that the fuds can come in and view all of your weapons. Especially up here in Kaczynski country!

cycled some more ammo through tonight and im not having any issues. i can't wait to go shooting. i took the gun completely apart for some polishing and a thorough deep cleaning. i did not mention but the gun had some surface rust on the bolt, bolt carrier, and recoil spring assembly also some funk in the sear spring area. nothing to worry about. it all cleaned up without resemblance of rust. so i got some flitz and my dremel out and polished. it took longer than i thought and didn't change the look much but here is a final pic. i still love the look of this gun. :super:

post-18666-1273026335633_thumb.jpg

I think those Chrome draco's would look much better with different furniture. The tapco handguards are just too cheesy and I've never liked the basic plastic grip. If you want a railed look the midwest handguards would look better. I think some nice wood would look good too. Kind of ironic that the carrier (and bolt?) is the one thing not chromed.

I just got one of those Chrome dracos as well. I noticed that classic was selling the chrome ak's so I asked them about the dracos, and they said they had a shipment coming in the following week, so I placed my order with them that day.

Same with my gun, i think a little breaking in and a polish job will do the trick.

I am scrapping the pistol grip and handguard and putting on a Hogue ergo grip and Midwest Industries handguard. That shitty one it came with has too much play in it for me.

also, the two mags they sent me were complete shit. So much for the chromed out mag, looks like gray Krylon instead of chrome plating.

pics to come!

finally finished it tonight....

here's my Chrome Draco I just finished....I know alot of people aren't fond of the chrome look, but i like it since all my other guns are BLACK.

- Midwest industries quad rail

- Tromix charging handle

- Hogue grip

- Tapco polished Ak-74 brake

- polishd internals & bolt carrier

- Ergo Low profile rail covers

draco1.jpg

draco2.jpg

draco.jpg

Sharkbite, did you have any trouble getting the muzzle nut off with the chrome? I'd be worried the chrome would fuse it to the barrel. Also is that just a standard muzzle brake with the bluing polished off?

no, chrome wasn't a factor, just used a dremel cutoff wheel and went slow to cut the weld. Yeah, brake is just a standard tapco ak-74 brake that i used an emery dremel bit to take off the black paint, and then used some buffing discs with white & then red polishing compound for a mirror finish.

make sure you wear a respirator and goggles if you sand off that black paint of the brake, that dust gets everywhere.