20 ga slugs in Florida

Hey guys,

Why does it seem so hard to find slugs in florida? I went to one local gun store to look for some slugs, and they had only a few boxes of Winchester super X sabot slugs. But the darn things are $2.00 a shell! Online I've seen standard slugs for a box of 5 at $2.50, but after I ordered they said they could not ship that restricted item to my zip code? I ordered several boxes of 7.62x54R as well, and had no problem with those.

anyone know what is up with that?

thanks

hrmmm, I sent an email to the company and this is what they said

"We have placed certain restrictions, on certain items listed in our catalog and

our web site. Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist,

we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline.

Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a

company decision based on certain concerns. Things such as whether the state

law suits pending involving gun owners, recent court decisions that may effect

businesses like ours. Finally it may be that the states laws are so vague that

they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever

involved, and finally as a public held company, we are obligation to safeguard

our stockholder's investments. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may

have caused you. "

<sigh> Does anyone know of a place to get slugs at a decent price? I live in jacksonville Fl, and the only shooting range I have found that will even allow a shotgun said I could only use slugs. ((except when they do clay shooting, when ever that is))

this is real annoying, for I've been to several local places and they are loaded with fowl, buck, steel, everything but slugs. I would like to take the saiga to the range, but things are not looking so good.

cheaperthandirt.com sent the sherriff legal info when i purchased a 4" knife from them. had no clue there was that type of law in NY, and i promptly called the sherriff and told them i had given it to a friend in new mexico.

Well I recieved my 7.62 rounds today, and got a receipt that states the reason for them cancelling my 20 ga slugs. The real reason is I'm 5 months shy of there age restriction for slugs. I had e-mailed them, asking why, but I got that super reply which did not fully answer my question.

Other then that, the sportsmans guide does have pretty decent prices for ammo.

My order from cheaperthandirt has also been shipped, so I'll have my slugs to go the the range with :D

Some companies have a minimum age of 21. Centerfire Systems (www.centerfiresystems.com) has such a rule, they won't sell you so much as a flashlight if you aren't 21. They turned my friend away (he's 19) from getting a SKS even though state law permits it. I'm old enough to avoid the extra hassle and enjoy doing business with them.

Also, Bvamp, it doesn't sound like "good business" to turn in your customers to the local authorities when they haven't broken the law. Making your customers feel like criminals by turning over personal info is a good way to get your business neck deep in a law suit.

yeah, after I ordered I got a restricted notice saying

"Thank you for your recent order with us at The Guide. Unfortunately, the

following items are restricted to your billing zip code, therefore we can not

ship these items to you"

It made me wonder if it was a state thing, but like KySoldier said, it turned out to be a company thing.

:shrug:

MIDWAYUSA

try this place. They might be cheaper that the guide. They also charge you actual shipping instead of most places tacking on more $. And it is closer to you, so it won't take as long. I've been ordering from them for a long time and have never had any problems.

Rem slugger $2.29/5

win $2.39/5

7.62x39 wolf

hp 40.99/500

80.99/1000

fmj 38.99/500

78.99/1000

barnaul hp 35.99/500

sp 37.99/500

fmj 37.49/500

yep, I ordered 780 rds. of Czech military production Ammo, FMJ, steel core boattail style. Its older ammo, but comes in a sealed metal box. I honestly plan to drop this off at my storage unit.

yeah, it had never crossed my mind what you pointed out about walmart Kysoldier. gezze.

thanks tomme boy I will check into their ammo as well.

while we are on the subject of phucked laws, check out the laws in mass: no high cap mags AND no hollow point ammo. hows that for crazy? connecticuit you can buy silencers even. here in NY? i can get any type of ammo, mag or whatever, no silencer. i would honestly think silencers would be legal in NY due to the population in a lot of gun-legal areas. the ATF has labeled the county i live in as something to the effect of an "armed camp", as this county im in has one of the highest county level gun counts in the country. LOTS of collectors here. its really an excellent area to buy collectable stuff in. the damn laws should be some kind of similar across the whole country tho. this slug thing with florida is b.s. in my opinion. what the heck do you people down there shoot wild boar with? buckshot? no wonder its so dangerous to hunt boar in florida. theres another way shotguns have been limited that doesnt make sense to me at all. you hunt pigs with SLUGS. does that restriction apply to 12 gauge slugs as well? or just 20? sounds like someone needs to drive upstate and get him some slugs outta state.

Yeah, KY doesn't give me any trouble. I've got a dealer doing an NFA transfer for me and in his showroom there are UZIs and the like on the walls and suppressed pistols for sale in the glass counters. It's a small shop packing a big punch.

oh yeh, the thing with age restrictions applies to where you buy it FROM as well as where its shipped TO. so if its ok in your state and not thiers, its not legal to ship you it. also 21 is an insurance thing. something about adult vs. teenager. kinda like your car insurance. i guess im lucky, i have a local shop that beats about every price ive seen on the internet in every way ammo-wise. his guns are worth the couple dollars more they cost from him over places like cdnn and whatnot too. i like being able to make an "ammo run" and pick up whatever i like on my way up to my range. i feel bad that a lot of you dont have a situation like that. and im in NY? whats with that? the only thing we have here thats different for the most part, is our pistol permits. we have concealed carry, and you need to give all kinds of info to them. things like every arrest and outcome ever, yeh, like the police dont know that info already... even sealed records you have to provide. you need to provide four people that arent police or other law enforcement employees like judges or CO's, and basically you need to give them your DNA to get it. plus you gotta pay for your paperwork on each handgun, and wait for it. its almost impossible to get DD permits here or class 3 automatic weapons permit here. like 99.999% chance you wont get it. no 40mm, no mak10, no sawed off, no silencer so i dont disturb my neighbors. but i can buy a tank. i can buy a mig. no machine gun tho. o well.

Just for the record, there is no law in Florida against shotgun slugs. The reason behind why that company wouldn't ship them here for Verson is a mystery to me. I don't understand why he can't find them at the gun store or Wal-Mart either. They are plentiful here in the Tampa Bay area.

I live in jacksonville Fl, and the only shooting range I have found that will even allow a shotgun said I could only use slugs.

Why don't you just ask some of the other shotgunners at that range where they get their slugs?

Edited by SaltPeter