Need instructions on installing my FCG

Before you install the BHO, check the way the hammer rests against the tail of the bolt. It should rest flat instead of just touching the top corner. The hammer may need reprofiling. I have had to reprofile all of my G2s (Standard and Tromix Mod'd). Let us know if you need help/pics.

Thanks.

I was wanting the video and for some reason the part about installing the bolt hold open SPRING is a huge pain in the ass. In the video, it is very unclear as to how the spring is oriented when put in...all I can figure out is that he bent one of the 2 spring 'legs' a little to catch the latch a bit more but can't figure out how the spring was put in.

Anyone have any better pics or videos of how this spring goes in?

Thanks

Thanks.

I was wanting the video and for some reason the part about installing the bolt hold open SPRING is a huge pain in the ass. In the video, it is very unclear as to how the spring is oriented when put in...all I can figure out is that he bent one of the 2 spring 'legs' a little to catch the latch a bit more but can't figure out how the spring was put in.

Thanks

No pics or video, but I'll describe it.

Short leg goes to the rear, and catches on the BHO. Long leg toward the muzzle, spring loop down, so the trigger axis pin can go thru it.

I just pushed mine down with a screw driver on the inside, and used an allen wrench on teh outside to align it.

Its kinda a pain, no doubt. But if I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks.

Thanks

No pics or video, but I'll describe it.

Short leg goes to the rear, and catches on the BHO. Long leg toward the muzzle, spring loop down, so the trigger axis pin can go thru it.

I just pushed mine down with a screw driver on the inside, and used an allen wrench on teh outside to align it.

Its kinda a pain, no doubt. But if I can do it, anyone can.

Ok, much clearer now.

1 last question. So on the spring loop, are the legs on the top, or bottom when putting them in? Trying to see which side is up and which is down.

Thanks

Ok, much clearer now.

1 last question. So on the spring loop, are the legs on the top, or bottom when putting them in? Trying to see which side is up and which is down.

Thanks

Legs point "up", loop goes "down" Or think ov the legs forming a "V" with the loop at the bottom of the "V".

Like this.....\o/

Edited by garandman

If you decide not to reinstall the bolt hold open plate is there anything special

you need to do ? Like placing a washer or something on the hammer or trigger pins

to keep it working properly. I've searched it on this board and could not find

an answer.

i used dental floss.....

double a long piece of floss....put it thru the hole (the o in the spring)

legs down insert dental floss into bho slot....

....get the one leg on the little bho ledge.....pull down on floss finish pushing pin in.....

(this assumes you already have the pin in the trigger some.....

^ cobra brought this idea up a long time ago, i'm pretty sure it was him....

and on my 7.62 and my s12 a double hook g2 and the factory trigger works fine.....no runaway gun.....

....now a factory trigger and a g2 hammer has caused a friend of mine to shit.....we got that taken care of tho....

you should try and test fire on a private range lol.....

Edited by elia.jon1