Racer 27 magazine kit

I see CSS has the racer 27 15 round steel mag kits. Ive done literally miles of sanitary TIG welds so I'm relatively sure I can weld the thing together without screwing it up too bad. Anyone done done? got pics? Does it work OK with the 12 round springs?

I see CSS has the racer 27 15 round steel mag kits. Ive done literally miles of sanitary TIG welds so I'm relatively sure I can weld the thing together without screwing it up too bad. Anyone done done? got pics? Does it work OK with the 12 round springs?

I've done a couple. :lolol:

You should be able to weld them up yourself. Its made so that even a caveman could do it.

I had problems with them working 100% with the surefire spring. You could try to stretch one but I just used an AGP and it worked prefect.

Here's a utube link. They look like the alum mag, the other one was the first prototype.

Edited by Racer 27

Heres a picture of the one, that I sent Cobra, in my shotgun. I got it coated with the oil pans that we have at work. Came out looking almost chrome. And also one next to an AGP 10rd.

post-5704-12749819927487_thumb.jpg

post-5704-1274982072264_thumb.jpg

Edited by Racer 27

Racer

How much for a couple of these all welded up and mailed? Don't need the springs, just don't have access to a welder.

Thanks

Eric

I have one of the welders that works for me welding up a couple tonight after work. I'm going to see if he would be willing to do any more.

Racer

How much for a couple of these all welded up and mailed? Don't need the springs, just don't have access to a welder.

Thanks

Eric

I have one of the welders that works for me welding up a couple tonight after work. I'm going to see if he would be willing to do any more.

Any chance your welder wants to do a couple more? I'm in the same boat as Eric. I'd pay good money for two of them. Please PM me if you want to sell a few.

I think I ordered the last one from CSS. I can weld it up but I wish it came with a SET OF INSTRUCTIONS(would be nice). I have no idea how far up the little catch tabs go or which one goes to the front and back of the mag. also I kinda put it together and put it in the gun without the tabs and noticed that it goes too far in the reciever. When I uncock it from the open position the bolt catches on the back of the mag when the mag is all the way in. Is it supposed to be all the way in or do you weld the tabs up high so that the mag doesnt fit all the way in the reciever? If so what is stoping it from rocking up and catching the bolt when fired. I noticed on the factory mag that it has stops across the top of it to stop the mag from going further into the reciever. Does it need something like that or does gravity hold it down................ please reply.. I am looking forward to shooting this bad boy! If I can get this thing to work I'll need at least 3 more.

Edited by 12 Guage Ninja

I think I ordered the last one from CSS. I can weld it up but I wish it came with a SET OF INSTRUCTIONS(would be nice). I have no idea how far up the little catch tabs go or which one goes to the front and back of the mag. also I kinda put it together and put it in the gun without the tabs and noticed that it goes too far in the reciever. When I uncock it from the open position the bolt catches on the back of the mag when the mag is all the way in. Is it supposed to be all the way in or do you weld the tabs up high so that the mag doesnt fit all the way in the reciever? If so what is stoping it from rocking up and catching the bolt when fired. I noticed on the factory mag that it has stops across the top of it to stop the mag from going further into the reciever. Does it need something like that or does gravity hold it down................ please reply.. I am looking forward to shooting this bad boy!

The tabs go flush to the top of the front and back of mag. The bigger looking of the two is the front.

I wasn't really thinking that someone like CSS would buy these when I was making them so I'm a little behind. I have some instructions that I had sent in a PM, I'll try to see if I can get them out to you. I will be racing tonight so bare with me.

Hears the part about the tabs:

14. Tab time. The front tab is the biggest looking of the two. Place it centered side to side and flush with top of front piece and tack in place. Make sure that the top of the front piece of mag body is flush with sides and tack both sides of the tab on the top. Then repeat for the back. Check the fit in your gun, we all know that there is variances.

The measurements are very close to an AGPs but I built it to fit tight so you don't have side to side movement. All that I have made have locked up in both of my shotguns. When they fit loose it messes up your swing onto the target.

post-5704-12750795434664_thumb.jpg

14. Tab time. The front tab is the biggest looking of the two. Place it centered side to side and flush with top of front piece and tack in place. Make sure that the top of the front piece of mag body is flush with sides and tack both sides of the tab on the top. Then repeat for the back. Check the fit in your gun, we all know that there is variances.

The measurements are very close to an AGPs but I built it to fit tight so you don't have side to side movement. All that I have made have locked up in both of my shotguns. When they fit loose it messes up your swing onto the target.

Everyone that had bought them received an email with the complete instructions you PM'ed me with including the pictures. You may have to check your spam filter if you did not get it.

Everyone that had bought them received an email with the complete instructions you PM'ed me with including the pictures. You may have to check your spam filter if you did not get it.

I didnt recieve an email. checked spam filter,, could i get it now please.

I didnt recieve an email. checked spam filter,, could i get it now please.

No Problem. Email your request to sales@carolinashooterssupply.com and I will reply to that so it will not spam.

Racer

Thanks

Eric

Any chance your welder wants to do a couple more? I'm in the same boat as Eric. I'd pay good money for two of them. Please PM me if you want to sell a few.

If I was to offer them welded I would want to have the welds stitch welded so that the mag wouldn't get warped. The welds by the tabs are longer about 1 1/2".

What is anybody's thoughts on that?

Blow up the picture of the shiny mag up above that's how it would look. I can't get the pic to load right now from this computer.

Edited by Racer 27