Maybe but he's ugly :D I post this cutie for your consideration:

Yakdung

Here's one with what appears to be a un-converted Saiga with grey furniture.

Where have I seen this video before.... I only wish there was someone of character, someone with clarity of vision, someone as ruggedly handsome as he is full of win that posted this video a fucking year ago when it was new....If only someone had...

:smoke:

Does he use the mag to hit the mag release in that one Spetznaz Reload?? for the fast reload??

Thats what it seemed like..?? How the heck??

He is damn quick with the reloads..ph34r.gif

Yes, that is correct, it is called an emergency reload by most people. Do not attempt that maneuver with magazines built by promag or tapco as they may not make it.

BigSal..

Whats he do?? does he snag the mag release lever with the front lip of the empty mag?? or the side??

It looks like a twisting motion??

New loaded magazine hits the magcatch and pushes the spent magazine out. Then the magazine is inserted into the magwell. Then the bolt is drawn back with the left hand in a fluid (though non ergonomic motion). Then the rifle may be fired. The Poles have another step after the bolt is drawn (they move the rifle to the side and quickly check to make sure the bolt is closed) but he is doing Russian style reloads...(which are better).

Magazine drills are a product of the FA mentality where quickly eating a 30rd mag means fast swaps increase fire power. The Garand was relatively fast to reload as long your thumb didn't get in the way and of course the M14 and Stoner rifles change mags easily any way. This guy is fast but do that in a fox hole with people shooting at you and I will be impressed.

Magazine drills are a product of the FA mentality where quickly eating a 30rd mag means fast swaps increase fire power. The Garand was relatively fast to reload as long your thumb didn't get in the way and of course the M14 and Stoner rifles change mags easily any way. This guy is fast but do that in a fox hole with people shooting at you and I will be impressed.

I agree and I think most people can get that fast with a few empty mags a few hours practice and a nice safe living room. Ive spent about 20 min doing it today Im already pretty fast. Looks cool but thats about it. You can also do it with a FAL.

Edited by saigalupo

There are a few members here who have demonstrated they are faster then the kid in this year old video. One of my favorite threads on this forum is this one, simply because half way down the pissing match there were some slick mag-change demonstrations:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=38725&st=0

Ive always found the proper operation of these things really interesting.

There are a few members here who have demonstrated they are faster then the kid in this year old video. One of my favorite threads on this forum is this one, simply because half way down the pissing match there were some slick mag-change demonstrations:

Hehe typical. my dogs better than your dog...

I may, and this is just wild conjecture on my part, worry more about what the guy does with that loaded AK more than how it got that way. I do know people under pressure make mistakes and normally easy motions become complex and error prone. You will find every possible method to snag that mag on everything between it and the mag well as well as every conceivable way of inserting that mag incorrectly. So how do you get out of it? Perhaps the next time you a being shot at you will be calmer and things like mag changes smoother.

Thanks bigsal I was trying to find that thread because in my opinion sopmod ran his drills a hell of a lot smoother than this kid. Unfortunately, it looks like sopmod took his youtube video down.

These drills are a good skill set to have, providing that you first remember to immediately take cover. You try doing what looks like high speed on a range and odds are you'll be drilled full of holes before you even get a chance to remove the mag.

Just my two cents of course.

That was a good thread and I liked how he did it with a loaded mag too, impressive and super fast.

Also, seems people like to have tact vests for every rifle they have, for shtf or if commies invade or some future assault they might take part in.

I think in those sort of situations the people loaded up with weapons and gear would be the first ones to go and have their stuff taken.

Still, I need a couple now. Eagle Industries here I come!

I may, and this is just wild conjecture on my part, worry more about what the guy does with that loaded AK more than how it got that way. I do know people under pressure make mistakes and normally easy motions become complex and error prone. You will find every possible method to snag that mag on everything between it and the mag well as well as every conceivable way of inserting that mag incorrectly. So how do you get out of it? Perhaps the next time you a being shot at you will be calmer and things like mag changes smoother.

I thought the same thing when they started debating bullets up vs bullets down, however shaving a second or two off your game is an important topic to study.

Thanks bigsal I was trying to find that thread because in my opinion sopmod ran his drills a hell of a lot smoother than this kid. Unfortunately, it looks like sopmod took his youtube video down.

These drills are a good skill set to have, providing that you first remember to immediately take cover. You try doing what looks like high speed on a range and odds are you'll be drilled full of holes before you even get a chance to remove the mag.

Gunny, I hope I never have to use that kind of kung-fu. BigSal is a master of the stealthy arts including hiding behind a tree (or my computer) in times of danger! :haha:

That was a good thread and I liked how he did it with a loaded mag too, impressive and super fast.

Also, seems people like to have tact vests for every rifle they have, for shtf or if commies invade or some future assault they might take part in.

I think in those sort of situations the people loaded up with weapons and gear would be the first ones to go and have their stuff taken.

This thread drives the point home that i need to replace my old LRBHO followers in my mags or mod them. Neat to have to let you know there is no more ammo but a PIA for quick mag change.

Go with OSOE gear, their shit is the best of the best.

Edited by bigsal

I thought the same thing when they started debating bullets up vs bullets down, however shaving a second or two off your game is an important topic to study.

Gunny, I hope I never have to use that kind of kung-fu. BigSal is a master of the stealthy arts including hiding behind a tree (or my computer) in times of danger! :haha:

This thread drives the point home that i need to replace my old LRBHO followers in my mags or mod them. Neat to have to let you know there is no more ammo but a PIA for quick mag change.

I liked the mookie war rig until I saw the price, $550! Fuck that Id rather buy mags and ammo first and get some more shooting in, I think that would serve me better then a half a G chest rig.

• Like 1

I liked the mookie war rig until I saw the price, $550! Fuck that Id rather buy mags and ammo first and get some more shooting in, I think that would serve me better then a half a G chest rig.

I want the micro rig, I have no need for the rest, I mean Im not rambo...

What you want to do is stand next to a higher priority target, like the machine gunner, or radio operator, or the goofy second lieutenant making a big show of being the man in charge! :lolol:

• Like 1

What you want to do is stand next to a higher priority target, like the machine gunner, or radio operator, or the goofy second lieutenant making a big show of being the man in charge! :lolol:

Not the machine gunner, gunny! ( ex-0331) Them boot leuys always seemed to like to flaunt their butter bars on the front of their flack jackets even in "the shit"!

Not the machine gunner, gunny! ( ex-0331) Them boot leuys always seemed to like to flaunt their butter bars on the front of their flack jackets even in "the shit"!

Sorry fff, your recruiter should have mentioned that to you. Mine didn't tell me that being a radio operator was a high risk job either (former 2531).

And to be honest, there was only one 2nd lieutenant that I dealt with that acted like that. I found out later that he was prior enlisted. Which means he must have been one of those constantly crapped on lance criminals.

Edited for spelling and piss poor grammar.

Edited by GunnyR