I'd link it, but I'm not sure if I can or not so I'll leave that out for now. I was trying to find some reviews for the UTG quad rail out there and I came across this one. 6061 aluminum and not nearly as expensive as the ultimak quad rail. Have any of you guys tried this thing out? If so, what do you think of it?

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis

Midwest Industries? i certainly like it better than the utg, but it won't cowitness like the ultimak. It mounts solid though. I don't have any complaints as the red dot i use on that particular AK sits to high to cowitness anyways. If you have an aimpoint t1 or h1 or the primary arms thing, go with the ultimak. Eotech etc.., go with whatever you want.

I don't have anything yet. I'm just trying to get a decision on parts ready for when I decide on the caliber (It's between 7.62 and .223 now since I can't find any 5.45s). That being said, Aimpoints and EOtechs are considerably out of my price range.

And yeah, Midwest Industries. My mistake.

I'm currently trying to choose between the Surefire, UTG and now this one, somewhat considering a surefire tri-rail and buying an ultimak for the gas tube.

I don't have anything yet. I'm just trying to get a decision on parts ready for when I decide on the caliber (It's between 7.62 and .223 now since I can't find any 5.45s). That being said, Aimpoints and EOtechs are considerably out of my price range.

And yeah, Midwest Industries. My mistake.

I'm currently trying to choose between the Surefire, UTG and now this one, somewhat considering a surefire tri-rail and buying an ultimak for the gas tube.

I love mine. I just installed it yesterday. It's the Saiga Specific and it's held in with set screws on the tube.

004.jpg

003.jpg

Edited by cobravenom39

i use this on my Maadi.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=493

with the ultimak rail and it works great if you're gonna run a t1 or h1. If your optic sits to high anyways, then you might as well go the cheaper route.

Edited by vitamink

Nice rifle cobravenom39, but unless you have a seriously odd shaped head, like Sarah Jessica Parker, you are going to need some sort of butt stock raiser to get a cheek weld with that stock and scope mount!

• Like 1

Nice rifle cobravenom39, but unless you have a seriously odd shaped head, like Sarah Jessica Parker, you are going to need some sort of butt stock raiser to get a cheek weld with that stock and scope mount!

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!! You're right.

I ordered this about 10 minutes ago

cp_1.jpg

i have the utg quad rail and had no fit problems at all.it`a very solid mount,and looks great in my opinion.it is full size,so it covers the gas tube;but that`s fine with me,as i have a more modern look on my rifle.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the saiga specific one on my x39. Like it a lot, rock-solid and gives me lots of options...pisses off the AK purists, tho...but that's OK, my gun is for home defense, not historical accuracy...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Midwest Industries quad rail is a very, very nice piece to add to your AK. It is a royal pain to set up, if you want it set up as straight as possible. Arsenal is adding them as a package to their AK-47s. Also, just know that it will get quite hot after a few magazines. I recommend a product that Krebs makes that offsets a vertical grip on the forearm. This feels good and looks really cool, and it keeps you from holding a forearm that's way too hot. Here is the link: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=112558 The advantage to an offset handgrip is that it makes mag changes much easier than dealing with a vertical grip that is directly below the forearm.

Edited by Ohthejoy