Advice needed on Installing a threaded FSB

Lower handguard arrived today.

DSC02890-1.jpg

DSC02891.jpg

It's like you built a Romanian AK 74. AIMR or AIMS is the model I believe. Good job.

I was going to do this when J&G had the last of the 5.45 Saigas left, but ended up going with a SAR-2. Amazing how similiar we think. If I ever get a Saiga 5.45 I will get the handgaurd with the lower rail and make it my only tacitool AK. I am a big fan of vertical foregrips, somehow helps being left eye dominant.

Here is my Aims-74 Sar-2, an authentic bakelite upper is on the way:

aims-74a1.jpg

I was going to do this when J&G had the last of the 5.45 Saigas left, but ended up going with a SAR-2. Amazing how similiar we think. If I ever get a Saiga 5.45 I will get the handgaurd with the lower rail and make it my only tacitool AK. I am a big fan of vertical foregrips, somehow helps being left eye dominant.

Here is my Aims-74 Sar-2, an authentic bakelite upper is on the way:

aims-74a1.jpg

Very nice. There's some awesome coloring in that lower handguard.

I'm refinishing an upper HG that I got from Trueno, a member on another board. I found some uppers that match, sort of a gold/red color, but they're $35, and I'm over budget as it is.....:D

Edited by dussandr

They ship fast is an understatement. I ordered a FSB on Tuesday from them and a half an hour later I got the UPS shipping information... never seen someone ever ship that fast. CSS was pretty close, though. Actually, CSS was that fast when you factor in that they had to wait for my FFL to send them their info, they just don't have any FSBs. :(