Zastava EZ9 "Poor Man's Sig"

I found a used one for sale at my local gun store. It comes with 1 15-round magazine, and they're asking 299 for it. I've read a little about this gun and know that its an EAA import. There's also a great You Tube review and range report on this gun too.

I really like it. But want to know if any members own one, what problems (if any) there were, and if the price is reasonable?

Regards,

Kevin

bfdf1c601034c1c29be3c1c08fa3a8a9.jpg

Edited by Kevin in Texas

I wouldn't compare it to a Sig of any stripe.

Of course not, nalioth. A Sig is a Sig. This is clearly a Serbian gun that bears a cosmetic resemblance to it. Do you have any experience with the EZ9?

I wouldn't compare it to a Sig of any stripe.

Of course not, nalioth. A Sig is a Sig. This is clearly a Serbian gun that bears a cosmetic resemblance to it. Do you have any experience with the EZ9?

Well externally I like its lines (kinda like Hoopz). It looks the part however I have no personal experience with this particular pistol.

Last time I was shopping for a handgun I almost went with this pistol. Mags seemed to be hard to find although you can mod a Beretta 92 mag to fit.

That's all the insight I have with this gun. Best of luck.

Thanks, Gunny. Mags seem to be a bit on the rare side, but the EAA website carries them. Seems to be cheaper to buy them in quantity (2 for $50, and 3 for $75). I've also heard that modding the Beretta 92 mags will work, but can't find the link for it. Do you know where I can get that info? Online I can get those for about 15, if the mod works, that's the way I would go.

BUY IT!! Great gun for the price. It is a Sig clone/copy/inspiration. Its still used by the Serbian police/military. One thing about E. European weapons is that if they arnt reliable they arnt issued I had one. Traded it on an impulse buy and now I regret it. Shoots great, accurate, reliable, trigger pull is better than avg IMO. Certainly better than some of the American handguns. I treated my like crap and it asked for more. The gun is tight but will loosen up a bit after some shooting and becomes smoother. Mags are plenty. Just check out GB, they go for about $20 a mag. What really appealed to me is that it is completely ambidextrous. My only gripe about this gun is its weight and bulkiness for everyday/all day carry.

Kevin,

I would start here and it talks about making sure the cutout on the 92 mag is on the same spot as your stock mag. There seems to be more info on the cz99.org board but you have to be registered to look at it.

Now I'm not sure if the follower would still engage your slide lock when empty though. I modified a Beretta 92 mag to fit in my Arcus 98DA by dremmeling a cutout on the 92 mag exactly where it was on my Arcus mag. Feeds rounds flawlessly but doesn't engage the slide lock.

To give you some background on why I had to do this: The Arcus is a Browning HiPower clone. The standard 15rd magazines are actually the 17rd HiPower mags with a larger follower to only fit 15 rounds. The standard 15rd mag is too short to fit, and I can't get the 17rd mags shipped to NJ because then I would become a hardcore drug dealing murdering psycho.

If you end up getting this post some pics.