My gun and parts

OK... here we go...

I have a 19" 2008 man. date S12. 3 ports perfectly centered, and non-canted gas block.

Runs fine.

I have ordered, or have in hand..

Standard AK47 trigger, disconnector, and grip with bolt and nut.

one shepards crook

A tapco t6 stock and tube

A leapers folding stock adapter for the AR stock

A "pig-nose" adapter

A bolt in stock block adapter

I also have a JT AGP magwell (1st Generation) and possibly some mags on the way... (fingers crossed)

I have not yet secured a fore-end, but am leaning towards the Chaos over the UTG... (whoever has the best sale for the 4th of July I guess)

Am I missing anything to complete my conversion?

Thanks for all the help these last few weeks guys. I could never have figured all this out without you folks.

Heath

OK... here we go...

I have a 19" 2008 man. date S12. 3 ports perfectly centered, and non-canted gas block.

Runs fine.

I have ordered, or have in hand..

Standard AK47 trigger, disconnector, and grip with bolt and nut.

one shepards crook

A tapco t6 stock and tube

A leapers folding stock adapter for the AR stock

A "pig-nose" adapter

A bolt in stock block adapter

I also have a JT AGP magwell (1st Generation) and possibly some mags on the way... (fingers crossed)

I have not yet secured a fore-end, but am leaning towards the Chaos over the UTG... (whoever has the best sale for the 4th of July I guess)

Am I missing anything to complete my conversion?

Thanks for all the help these last few weeks guys. I could never have figured all this out without you folks.

Heath

Hi Heath,

What about the trigger guard? Does the JT have one incorporated with it?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Nope. I'm just going to save my factory guard and safety stop. I'm cutting the hole for the grip bolt and nut, so why buy one?

Pics to come. I'm planning on making a vid of the Magwell install anyway.

You can laugh when I screw something up and have to beg for help! (I'm planning on something going wrong, but hoping it doesn't.)

Nope. I'm just going to save my factory guard and safety stop. I'm cutting the hole for the grip bolt and nut, so why buy one?

Pics to come. I'm planning on making a vid of the Magwell install anyway.

You can laugh when I screw something up and have to beg for help! (I'm planning on something going wrong, but hoping it doesn't.)

I prefer the factory guard and a standard type grip screw and bushing too. Sounds like a good plan to me. Are you going to rivet it on or tap the reciever and use screws? If you use screws, Carolinashooterssupply has socket cap 10-32 allen heads. Order them and tell Greg you want button heads instead. They have them, but they are not on the site. They look a little larger than rivets, but still look nice.

I'm planning on making a vid of the Magwell install anyway

Please make a vid of the whole project, at least the basic PG conversion part. I, and probably a lot of people will pay you for a dvd burn of it. Even if it is your first build, showing and explaining how it's done could save a lot money and angst to another first timer without the mechanical inclination to turn cross-conn.com into a better Saiga. I'd rather see this done by a old hand at it, but AFAIK, there's nothing at all (but needs to be). Someone better before I pay to have it done

There is a hell of a selection of muzzle devices-breachers,flashes, brakes, comps, chokes, and hybrids of, and designs that with everything else you have into your project, probably should have something like a Shark or Warthog out front, the Phantom is affordably priced too

Edited by Steppe Sweeper

I have done some major work on H&K G3 type weapons in the past, but never an AK pattern, so I might not be any kind of "Expert" , but I know how to handle my tools. (Yes, that IS what "she" said.)

It all seems to be just dremel, drill, and tap work. I'll let you judge when I get done if you want to use it. I'll probably just stick it up on Youtube.

Heath