Got a Russian 5.5mm triangle folder.... now what?

Well.... it looks pretty straightforward and simple as far as the fitting/cutting goes. I'm good at laying out things, but I have never used these type of rivets. How do I swell them properly inside the reciever? Any tips/tricks greatly appreciated.

Also, the hinge pin doesn't quite go into the trunnion or stock. They all mic within a couple thousandths of one another. Am I supposed to fit the trunnion and stock to the pin, vice versa, or just lube them and press the pin in?

I still need to order the correct latch. Anyone have an idea of what a fair asking price is for the original latch and hardware?

Where did you order the rivets? Is there a longer one for the scope rail?

Thanks in advance!

I bought the whole deal from a non-business member here.... well actually at akforum too. It came with the ultra long one for the top rear location, the small ones, and the one for the scope rail. The latch that came with it is really beefy compared to the DPH kit that I got.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Well.... it looks pretty straightforward and simple as far as the fitting/cutting goes. I'm good at laying out things, but I have never used these type of rivets. How do I swell them properly inside the reciever? Any tips/tricks greatly appreciated.

Also, the hinge pin doesn't quite go into the trunnion or stock. They all mic within a couple thousandths of one another. Am I supposed to fit the trunnion and stock to the pin, vice versa, or just lube them and press the pin in?

I still need to order the correct latch. Anyone have an idea of what a fair asking price is for the original latch and hardware?

Pin is a slight press fit

Reciever rivet holes need to be formed for the tapered head rivets

I have to make the scope rail rivet as it needs to be a little longer

Rivets install with AK reciever press rivet tool

Hope this helps Also it,s more likly a 4.5 bulgarian set

Info appreciated Niner and ST. This is a different stock than the one I got from you. I mic'd the pin it is a 5.5mm. I paid for that pin too, lol, but it was still a better deal than I had found anyhwere else. Very pleased. Thank you donkismash.

Info appreciated Niner and ST. This is a different stock than the one I got from you. I mic'd the pin it is a 5.5mm. I paid for that pin too, lol, but it was still a better deal than I had found anyhwere else. Very pleased. Thank you donkismash.

Let us know how it turns out, I will be using the AK-Builder tools to fab my krink once the barrels start to ship so any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

At $250 it may be a while before I get the AK Builder rivet tool. I may be able to come up with something else that works. This should be fun. I'll post pics. I still can't decide which S12 I want to put it on, so I have a minute.