Running the Gas Puck Wet or Dry????

I always clean with clp and lube my puck with mobil-1, but wipe it down before re-inserting. I do however, apply a very thin coat of mobil-1 to the threads of the gas block after I clean them off. Basically, I don't leave anything wet.

WD40 is NOT a solvent. It is a lubricant.

I stand corrected!

I just figured anything that is 50% mineral spirits must be more of a solvent.

It sure cleans up greasy and oily parts good!

You were right the first time. WD-40 exhibits characteristics of both, but it's a fairly shitty lubricant because it evaporates fairly quickly. I find it to be a better solvent than a lubricant, but where it really shines is for drying out electrical contacts... It was really designed to displace water, hence the "WD" in the name.

I stand corrected!

You were right the first time. WD-40 exhibits characteristics of both, but it's a fairly shitty lubricant because it evaporates fairly quickly. I find it to be a better solvent than a lubricant, but where it really shines is for drying out electrical contacts... It was really designed to displace water, hence the "WD" in the name.

Use it with a sctoch bright to clean bear steel machine parts (including guns) to a near orginal finish. Don't use it on asthetic stainless surfaces unless your currently unhappy with it's existing grain finish, because it will perminately alter it.

I stand corrected!

And the 40 comes from it taking the developers 39 tries to get the water displacement formula correct, they got it on the 40th try. WD40 would have never been successful had the workers where it was being used not taken some home for themselves. I guess they turned friends on to it, the word spread, and the rest is history.

I stand corrected!

And the 40 comes from it taking the developers 39 tries to get the water displacement formula correct, they got it on the 40th try. WD40 would have never been successful had the workers where it was being used not taken some home for themselves. I guess they turned friends on to it, the word spread, and the rest is history.

You know, I didn't read a single thing you posted. Still mesmerized.