Saw one at a local gun store today and actually got to hold it and get a feel for it. Pop on a hogue grip and I'd say I'm in love. Lifetime warranty and just an overall amazing looking piece, at a fraction of the cost of a Kimber, SA or Colt. What do you guys think? Anyone here own one? With rails or without?

Although I do not own one (I'm an STI person), I do know many that do including my Dad. They are well built for the price and seem to function very well. Besides, it's a 1911 and if there is something that you do not like then you can just change it. I say go for it :super:

I have a PT-1911 with a rail that I keep on my night stand and I swear by it, at $549.00 it is as good as any kimber at half the price:dollar: trust me I have a ultra crimson carry, a compact CDP and I have a pro super carry on order. I like my kimbers but my taurus is my every day gun I carry it on the farm, in the truck, and tuck her in every night on my night stand. Now it is not as pretty as the kimbers but it shoots as good (if not better) and I dont mind the every day wear marks she gets as much as I would the kimbers. I will be getting another one when I get a chance I've been waiting on there double stack model to be released:super:. post-21226-011958100 1277530681_thumb.jpg

I will add better pics later

• Like 1

Here you go, I use a drop leg rig cause WV is a open carry state and you can carry almost anywhere as long as it is not covered in any way what so ever. Amazingly the promag 40rd drum is the only promag I have tried and never had a problem with my s-12 , ak74 and 1911 promags all needed something or another to get them to feed or dropfree right and I only use them for training I dont trust my life or my familys life to them as far as 1911 mags I use Chip McCormick 7rd'ers in the kimbers and 10rd powermags in the taurus and I have never had any problems at all with FMJ or JHP. The SS 1911 are nice considering where you live at but are heavy I looked at their tu-tone railed aluminum framed gun at a gunshow awhile back and it was nice and if you keep the slide lubed right you should have no problem and less weight but to each their own.post-21226-073092300 1277532890_thumb.jpgpost-21226-025896300 1277532936_thumb.jpgpost-21226-054780500 1277533045_thumb.jpgpost-21226-099493600 1277533082_thumb.jpg

Nice photos, I see you've got the crimson trace going too, very nice. When it comes to the SS, I do like the heavier feel, it's just a personal preference I guess, I haven't seen the aluminum in person though. Outta check that out.

Also one other thing I learned the hard way was that the taurus 1911's rail is 1\16-1\8 inch lower than everyones elses and will not fit in the fobus holster I bought:oops: now I have a holster with no gun for it, I could take it back but wheres the fun in that I guess I will have to buy a gun to fit the holster I dont want to but I have to it is some type of law( thats what I tell the wife anyway). One other nice thing about the taurus is that the frame, slide and barrel all have matching serial# engraved in them. post-21226-090230400 1277537901_thumb.jpgpost-21226-037409400 1277537923_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCHULTZE

Yeah, the engraved serial numbers on all parts makes it much easier to keep track of matching parts. A few days ago, maybe even a week ago, I made a post in this general discussion forum about a '43 M1911 made by Remington Rand with mismatching parts from a colt.

I've owned a few Taurus' in the past, never a PT-1911, but the 3 I had were great guns. Taurus is a great customer oriented company. Every year they upgrade their designs based on customer feedback. That and they are a fraction of the cost of most other gun companies with pretty damn similar quality. If they were legal in CA, I'd get one of their Raging Judge Magnums. I wish they made a .40 and a 10mm 1911. They just added a 9mm to their roster.

The Taurus' of today seem to be the Llamas of yesteryear, lol. Both good guns at half the price of others. I have one of each, though a PT-145 not the PT-1911 and a Llama .380 in 1911 config. I used to own a Llama 9mm in 1911 config as well. I really like the 1911s though, more customizeable than my 145. I've found that it's a B#*$% to find holsters to fit most anything with a rail on it and have had to modify several. Esp for the 2" barrel of my 145, lol. Since I'm a pouch guy, I finally settled on a Modgear Map pouch for CCW. Also the light is a cheap key ringer but lights up a 12'x20' room well enough to see if anyone is in it and switch off. Don't want anyone shooting at my light/me.

Get the 1911 if you can, it's well worth it.

post-15573-099074300 1277562001_thumb.jpg

I got mine for $474, and I love it. The only down side is mine don't like federal hydra-shocks. It feeds everything else just fine. It's the plain black model. I might get the ALR some day-aluminum with rail.

Well, I'm looking to pick on up ASAP. Always wanted a little Llama, like that minimax, but they're hard for me to come by.

my brother has a llama minimax .45 he got years back.great pistol!too bad they went bankrupt.hard to find magazines too.good luck!

I love mine! it always perfoorms well, has a real nice feel with little recoil, so targert aquisition is easy. I have no problem getting 6" groups when plinking at 20 yards. At 10 yards I can keep it to 3.5 inches. As accurate as any other semi auto's I have owned(S&W, Glock) if not better. Great trigger out of the box.

post-16191-090731300 1277660822_thumb.jpg

Damn, you have good taste in pistols I dont have time to take pics today but I will post pics of my limited edtion PT-111 with burled walnut grip inlays this weekend for you. The PT-111 is a great CC gun and I have never had a problem with mine (now the wifes) it has been put through heck and never any problems.

Damn, you have good taste in pistols I dont have time to take pics today but I will post pics of my limited edtion PT-111 with burled walnut grip inlays this weekend for you. The PT-111 is a great CC gun and I have never had a problem with mine (now the wifes) it has been put through heck and never any problems.

Hehe thanks! I look forward to seeing that PT-111 with those grips! Hope to find one of those this weekend too!