What is this silver tab obstructing my trigger

I received a converted S308 that was done a little halfassed. There were no 922 parts and the trigger was modified to work with this tab in the bottom of the receiver. It keeps the trigger from sitting correctly and operating.

Is this welded in there or riveted? Whats the best way to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

IMG00147.jpg

It looks like an attempt at making a short reset trigger. Its hard to tell from the pic, but I'm guessing its glued down. See if you can get hold of it with a pair of needle nosed pliers, you may be able to snap it loose, or you could try some heat and the pliers or maybe a cold chisel.

I agree.

It looks like an overtravel stop for a shorter rest on the trigger. Normally folks just put a washer under the TG rivet in back if they want that, but that way would work too. If it keeps your rifle from working properly though, it should go.

Just be sure it's that piece messing up up and not the legs on the mainspring slipping inward on the tail of the trigger and screwing it up. That's really common.

Corbin

It does look like someones attempt on limiting trigger movement.

Maybe they were unhappy with overtravel...i saw a write up on a mod like this on one of the other forums.

Does it help? Or is it just in the way?