14mm or 24mm with FSB muzzel brake

As far as I know, the 14mm LH threads don't use an indexing pin like the FSB 24mm RH threads do. Maybe there's a 14mm model that does, but I've never seen one.

I've not seen one either, but owning the full on FSB I'd never do it another way. It just feels, looks acts like a part of the rifle that is easy to remove at will. The last part of that statement being the key part.

14mm left hand threads is what was used on the AKM. The 24mm is what was used on the AK74.

All the 14mm AK brakes I've seen have the slot for indexing because the rifle was designed for the slant brake, and that keeps the slant oriented correctly.

I have no idea why the size was changed, and realistically there should be no difference in the performance of identical brakes with the size of the threads being the only difference. I know however that the cheap "AK74 style" brakes that are made for 14mm do not work like the real deal 24mm military ones. That has nothing to do with the size of the threads however, and is an issue with the design of the inside of the brake and the location of the ports on it.