Rapid firing problems

The last time I tried to bump fire my Saiga, the hammer seemed to fall faster than the bolt so I ended up with a loaded chamber but the hammer was down. I have bump fired several magazines through it successfully, so this was a surprise to me. The gun is clean, and does not have any modifications to the trigger assembly or bolt. Any ideas?

I would look at the disconnecter.

Is it marred at all?

I've shot mine so much & with a LOT of 3"magnum that the top of the disconnecter wore down & a little shard of it a mm long, maybe 2mm, bent up connected at one end.

This impeaded the hammer from fully engaging in the disconnecter. I had the exact same issues as yourself.

Good luck!

Keep us posted.

Everything looks normal, the gun only has 150 rounds or so through it with maybe 10 magnum inch shells fired. I held the trigger down and pulled the hammer back, and it was securely caught by the disconnector. It seemed a little stiff though, I'm going to try a small amount of oil where the surfaces meet.

How about dont bump fire it? Problem solved! Shoulder it and pull trigger as slow or as fast as you can and it should work fine. Why bump fire?

Well.... he likes to bump fire and wants the weapon to be capable of doing it reliably. However, bump firing does cause the weapon to 'lose' some of the energy that would be better put to use cycling the weapon. Reliable bump firing may take some work, depending on what the specifics are with his weapon, ammo, and mags.

How about dont bump fire it? Problem solved! Shoulder it and pull trigger as slow or as fast as you can and it should work fine. Why bump fire?

I don't really care that much about bump firing. Its fun once in a while but other than that its a waste of ammo. It just bothers me that my gun struggles to do something now that it used to do just fine. I also would like to correct this isssue before it starts occurring during nornal firing.

I don't really care that much about bump firing. Its fun once in a while but other than that its a waste of ammo. It just bothers me that my gun struggles to do something now that it used to do just fine. I also would like to correct this isssue before it starts occurring during nornal firing.

i dont think its the gun, probably user error, bumping will sometimes drop the hammer to fast