So I saw a 10 round ProMag stick mag......

........at a local gunstore........and they wanted $59.99 for it. :eek::lolol:

Someone there has to be severely addicted to crystal meth. I mean, don't get me wrong, all I've heard about PM's new drums are positive reviews..........but their stick mags? We all know how that goes.

I've seen some crazy prices at local shops, but damn, this one made me literally go bug-eyed for a second.

(Also got to fondle an ACR at another shop :wub: . The sales lady looked at me weird when I pulled my pants down and attempted to make sweet, sweet, filthy love to it.)

That's all. I just wanted to share my "WTF!?!?!?" moment with you guys.

• Like 3

That would be my last trip to that shop....

Yeah, we left right after. Not so much because the prices of stuff (we weren't buying anything anyway).........but because their range had a 2 hour wait. We've since found a new place to shoot, at least for the time being.

(Also got to fondle an ACR at another shop :wub: . The sales lady looked at me weird when I pulled my pants down and attempted to make sweet, sweet, filthy love to it.)

Why? Is that not a reasonable thing to do when one sees an ACR?f0ckers.gifred_heart.gif

• Like 2

Yeah, we left right after. Not so much because the prices of stuff (we weren't buying anything anyway).........but because their range had a 2 hour wait. We've since found a new place to shoot, at least for the time being.

There is only a few choices where you live now. 25 miles south of you is the Georgetown County Sheriffs outdoor range. It is open to the public, but you need to call the sheriffs office and get a pass. They did require a safety class years ago, but I do not think they do that anymore.

• Like 1

Why? Is that not a reasonable thing to do when one sees an ACR?f0ckers.gifred_heart.gif

Apparently not. :lolol:

There is only a few choices where you live now. 25 miles south of you is the Georgetown County Sheriffs outdoor range. It is open to the public, but you need to call the sheriffs office and get a pass. They did require a safety class years ago, but I do not think they do that anymore.

Yeah, that's the bitter sweet thing.

I'm now in a state where I can have pretty much whatever I want, as far as firearms go. But the specific area I'm in is very limited on places to shoot. Even more so when it comes to long guns.

I'll look into the Georgetown range. Thanks for the heads up.

I just got a couple of the 10 round promags and ran through about 300 rounds last night. I guess these are the newest iteration with the follower that does not lock the bolt back. They have much stiffer springs than the surefire 12 round mags I have. It took a little filing to the waffle pattern to get them to fit the gun but They both ran everything I could run through them without a hiccup which is something I could not say of the surefires. I can't say how they will hold up long term but theyve already proven themselves to be better magazines than the surefires at least the ones I have. I'm tempted to cut a few rounds off the surefires to get the spring pressure up.

• Like 1

...I'm now in a state where I can have pretty much whatever I want, as far as firearms go. But the specific area I'm in is very limited on places to shoot. Even more so when it comes to long guns...

Ah, one of the benefits of living in the West. Here's my "range":

40619618.jpg

• Like 1

...I'm now in a state where I can have pretty much whatever I want, as far as firearms go. But the specific area I'm in is very limited on places to shoot. Even more so when it comes to long guns...

40619618.jpg

PA,

Yes, enough about your range.... we know, we know.... and we hate you :cryss:

I just got a couple of the 10 round promags and ran through about 300 rounds last night. I guess these are the newest iteration with the follower that does not lock the bolt back. They have much stiffer springs than the surefire 12 round mags I have. It took a little filing to the waffle pattern to get them to fit the gun but They both ran everything I could run through them without a hiccup which is something I could not say of the surefires. I can't say how they will hold up long term but theyve already proven themselves to be better magazines than the surefires at least the ones I have. I'm tempted to cut a few rounds off the surefires to get the spring pressure up.

I solved the problem of the follower coming up too far. I just can't get the damn mag to lock into my S12. I've filed the shit out of it, and still no dice.

But that's neither here nor there. This isn't a PM bashing thread.........more of a "some gun shop owners must smoke crack when they're pricing their products" thread. :lolol:

40619618.jpg

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. :super:

I just got a couple of the 10 round promags and ran through about 300 rounds last night. I guess these are the newest iteration with the follower that does not lock the bolt back. They have much stiffer springs than the surefire 12 round mags I have. It took a little filing to the waffle pattern to get them to fit the gun but They both ran everything I could run through them without a hiccup which is something I could not say of the surefires. I can't say how they will hold up long term but they've already proven themselves to be better magazines than the surefires at least the ones I have. I'm tempted to cut a few rounds off the surefires to get the spring pressure up.

I also have a ProMag and other than fitting it the gun it works flawlessly for me. I also have an AGP which I had to fit and I took a fired steel shell case and hand cycled it to smooth out the rough spots and now it also runs flawlessly. The price for the magazine is way too high.