JT Competition Break vs Poly-Choke 2

I love my polychoke. The pattern with birdshot is just nasty! 1 12 round mag on a cardboard target punches a hole right in the middle like a fist!

Adjusting is easy. Yes it gets hot, but a glove is enough to keep you from burning yourself. When you first put it on you need to check the choke with the spanner wrench every mag or so. When the threads are clean the polychoke will back off and you don't want to blast it down range. Locktite helps, but if you heat the barrel enough it'll melt the locktite.

• 1 year later...

I had one of the JTE Comp breaks but returned it... that thing is way too big! Never shot it though. Got a Polychoke 2 vented with a barrel jam nut and it worked great. Never came loose. Changed it out for a choke adapter so I can use the same chokes as my FN. Plus I wanted the gun to be shorter. I still have the Polychoke for sale.

Now that I do not have a break and with my setup, I have very little muzzle climb. Basically the barrel stays mostly level. I attribute it mostly to the Auto Plug to reduce the recoil. Smooth action helps alot as well. Hopefully going to the range Sunday to play and plan on shooting a video, for the auto-LRBHO but it will show the muzzle position.