SGM Tactical Quad Rail for mounting optics

Hey guys I was wondering what everyone thinks about the SGM Quad Rail for mounting a light weight red dot sight as opposed to a huge metal rail system. Do you think this would retain zero or would it be better to go with the side scope mount rail type adapter????

THanks

J

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking into the SGM quad rail. A friend of mine has Chaos on his gun and its sweet, but I don't like all the side rails. The SGM has at least a small portion without them that I can hold on to. So does anyone have any experience with this grip?

I am also looking into the SGM quad rail. A friend of mine has Chaos on his gun and its sweet, but I don't like all the side rails. The SGM has at least a small portion without them that I can hold on to. So does anyone have any experience with this grip?

Quite a few companies make a product called "rail covers". You should look into it. :D

Go with Chaos. :super:

I ran a SGM for a while, but only as a tri rail. It performed as a foregrip adequatly, and held flashlights untill they broke from recoil... For mounting optics I used a guntech side mount, and it failed after a few thousend rounds.

I never messed around with the upper attachment on a SGM to make it a quad though.

If you want to mount off a quad, I would have to say save up for a Chaos. I run them on both of my S-12s now.

I had the SGM tri-rail on mine and then converted it to a quad with the retrofit kit. I've had no problems with it. Ability to hold zero probably has more to do with the red dot you choose then the rail. I like the SGM rail setup because it looks sleeker. The aluminum rail setups I have seen seem to end abruptly. So you get this giant rail and then the barrel. With the SGM there's a transition that goes barrel/rail, barrel/rail/gas tube, barrel/rail/gas tube/top rail.