So at the gunshow today, I picked up UTG quad rails and an AK-style Hogue grip for my Bulgarian AK-74, and I'm totally in love with it. Next up is a good flashlight, sight, laser, etc.

Any recommendations are welcome =]

post-25308-026597700 1280026159_thumb.jpg

Actually, with the way it feels right now, I really like it. It's a much more comfortable grip than the original plastic pieces of shit.

Well, there's poly AK furniture, and then there's poly AK furniture. Perhaps your rifle came with some Tapco or similar crap on it. I've been nothing but pleased with my K-Var furniture.

Personally, I don't like tri/quad rails on AK rifles. I find them entirely unnecessary, (I side-mount a scope and use the mag as a fvg), and I want to keep my rifle as light as possible. To each his own though, and I'm glad it's workin out for ya. :up:

• Like 1

Actually, with the way it feels right now, I really like it. It's a much more comfortable grip than the original plastic pieces of shit.

Well, there's poly AK furniture, and then there's poly AK furniture. Perhaps your rifle came with some Tapco or similar crap on it. I've been nothing but pleased with my K-Var furniture.

Personally, I don't like tri/quad rails on AK rifles. I find them entirely unnecessary, (I side-mount a scope and use the mag as a fvg), and I want to keep my rifle as light as possible. To each his own though, and I'm glad it's workin out for ya. :up:

See, I agree with you in that regard, but I decided I'd make the AK-74 the tacticool one, just to have one, and keep the rest of my aks classic. I wasn't much into the quad rails either, and was skeptical when I bought them, but after I smacked them on in about 30 seconds (beats trying to put shit on that AR-15), I was immediately impressed.

• 5 months later...

The original plastic handguards weren't even functional, no bs. 2-3 full mags down range rather quick and it was cooking my hand. Plus they were flush with the metal fitting that holds it, so you could easily slide your hand and touch metal. Several good burns that day. And a cooked hand. I replaced the furniture with original ones from Kvar. Also looks beautful now.

Original AK 2 point slings aren't bad. I'd get the nylon ones though. Also, you can make your own really nice for cheap and any style you want.

post-23963-0-93562800-1295193849_thumb.jpg