Adjustable triggers???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 2450paul

2450paul

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Has anyone had any luck with the Power Custom or JARD triggers available for the AK's? Thanks in advance, Paul G. Peek
"and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Jesus; Luke 22:36

most conservatives work for a living and most liberals vote for a living

#2 308saiga

308saiga

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

I do not think that either of these will work in a 308 Saiga...... The only adjustable 2 stage trigger that I am aware of is the Red Star Arms......

The power custom is made for specific Ak47's not all see here: http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=882259

Notes:

Adjustable for overtravel, pretravel, disconnector engagement, and trigger pull.
Pre-adjusted to drop in with a two-stage 4.5 lb trigger pull. However, the trigger can be adjusted for a single stage pull.
Disconnector, disconnector spring and retaining pin may be pre-installed into trigger.
Works in the AK-47 (SAR-1) and AK-74 (SAR-2).
Will drop in most milled or stamped AK receivers.
Will NOT work in SAR-3 .223 AK-47.
Some receivers may require slight fitting of the safety during installation.
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself, and the American people that the Gov. pisses off......

#3 2450paul

2450paul

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

I do not think that either of these will work in a 308 Saiga...... The only adjustable 2 stage trigger that I am aware of is the Red Star Arms......

The power custom is made for specific Ak47's not all see here: http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=882259

Notes:

Adjustable for overtravel, pretravel, disconnector engagement, and trigger pull.
Pre-adjusted to drop in with a two-stage 4.5 lb trigger pull. However, the trigger can be adjusted for a single stage pull.
Disconnector, disconnector spring and retaining pin may be pre-installed into trigger.
Works in the AK-47 (SAR-1) and AK-74 (SAR-2).
Will drop in most milled or stamped AK receivers.
Will NOT work in SAR-3 .223 AK-47.
Some receivers may require slight fitting of the safety during installation.

I have a generic Tapco G2 in my Saiga 308. I can't imagine why their adjustable one would not. I don't mind tinkering with stuff. Thanks for the reply, Paul G. Peek
"and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Jesus; Luke 22:36

#4 308saiga

308saiga

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

I have a generic Tapco G2 in my Saiga 308. I can't imagine why their adjustable one would not. I don't mind tinkering with stuff. Thanks for the reply, Paul G. Peek

For the price just get a Red Star.... With the Red Start you can adjust the sear engagement as well.....

This guy has them for $85... http://www.blackjack...products_id=243
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself, and the American people that the Gov. pisses off......

#5 Old SF MJT

Old SF MJT

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

I believe that Red Star & Power Custom are one and the same! I think the fella' that runs Red STar is named Power! Do some looking!

'Course, I might very well be wrong!

Old SF

#6 2450paul

2450paul

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

I believe that Red Star & Power Custom are one and the same! I think the fella' that runs Red STar is named Power! Do some looking!

'Course, I might very well be wrong!

Old SF

RSA list them at about $70. Thanks again, Paul

#7 Nailbomb

Nailbomb

Plague-Bearer

• Super Moderator
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

My friend Joey has a red star adjustable in his .308, and it worked without safety issues.

I run one in my x39 barry.

Work great, but can be troublesome dialing in. It gives a LOT of adjustment, and you can make things too tight.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
George A. Romero

#8 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Super Moderator
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

My friend Joey has a red star adjustable in his .308, and it worked without safety issues.

I run one in my x39 barry.

Work great, but can be troublesome dialing in. It gives a LOT of adjustment, and you can make things too tight.

Yeah there are four different adjustments to piddle with. Some are easier to judge than others. Hope you can eyeball .04 inches, or have a good micrometer.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#9 308saiga

308saiga

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

RSA list them at about $70. Thanks again, Paul

I am not sure but I believe that you would need to buy the VERP 308 version for the Saiga and if so then you need to read the entire listing which says:

Available for the following
AK 7.62
AK 5.45
Romak 3 7.62x54r
SAR-3 .223
SAIGA 12 SAIGA 20 converted to pistol grip
VEPR .223/7.62/5.45
VEPR .308
WASR-10 7.62
MAK90 .223
Galil .223
NOTE the VEPR .308 and Galil are $10.00 extra
The VEPR and SAR 3 Systems are now compatiable. 6-29-07

http://www.redstararms.com/

I could be wrong.....

#10 2450paul

2450paul

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

Thanks guy for all the input. I'll probably call RSA and see what they can tell me. If they don't know, I'm bettin their regular AK one will go in without mods like my generic G2 did. Thanks again, Paul G. Peek

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users