I need some input

I'm pretty new to the whole Saiga thing and need some help. I'm looking at making a trade for this shotgun: Saiga 12 and need to know if it is really worth around $1600 like the ad says. With the listing of what's been done to this is it something that should be dependable and reliable? Also if I wanted to remove the bayonet, stock and maybe the quad rail is there a market to sell those used parts? I'd prefer to have it setup with an Ace folder and maybe a different handguard and I'm not sure about the bayonet. It looks menacing but I'm not to sure about the extra weight etc. Thanks in advance for any input provided, I need to decide on the trade in the next few hours.

Looking at those RapeMaker drums & the fact that he admits that he's only been able to get 30 rounds to feed & fire, I'd pass & see what you can get from Lonestar, Cadiz, Tromix, Red Jacket, or even build yourself.

The gun looks too tacticool & if he says he only put 30 rounds through it, with as much money as he spent.... Well....

Saiga-12.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

I think the big thing to find out is if Alliance Armament did any mods to the guns to get the 30 and 20 round drums to work. I have read about problems (on this forum) that once they've been modified for those drums, other mags don't really work.

Also, with the amount of stuff that you want to remove or change it might be more cost effective to either buy a custom build by one of the business members here or buy a stock Saiga (typically now around $480) and modify it yourself.

Chaos even has a sale on now through July 31 and you could get some of his parts for great prices.

Who puts that much money into a gun and then "only fires 30 rounds"?!!!

With all of the AA parts (and maybe AA mods) I'm not sure Id take it if it were free.

Edit: lol... 3 posts all saying the same thing at the same time. :)

Edited by Spartacus

I'm pretty new to the whole Saiga thing and need some help. I'm looking at making a trade for this shotgun: Saiga 12 and need to know if it is really worth around $1600 like the ad says. With the listing of what's been done to this is it something that should be dependable and reliable? Also if I wanted to remove the bayonet, stock and maybe the quad rail is there a market to sell those used parts? I'd prefer to have it setup with an Ace folder and maybe a different handguard and I'm not sure about the bayonet. It looks menacing but I'm not to sure about the extra weight etc. Thanks in advance for any input provided, I need to decide on the trade in the next few hours.

As far as worth goes, I cant really comment on that. I personally wouldn't purchase it. Id rather buy a stock one for $469 and convert it myself making it how I want. Its really easy to convert and gave me a great sence of accomplishment when I was done. There is plenty of tutorials on her about doing the conversion yourself. I have had no prior experience working on guns and just followed the tutorial and it was easy as pie. Some buy SGLs which are Prime choice if you've got the $. Personally I would sell what ever you have and get one online. You can get a stock one on the KVAR webside for around $469 http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=415. I was a sucker and bought my first S12 from a store front dealer in my town for $830 stock. Which pisses me off seeing the same thing online for $469. Most FFL dealers in town charge $35 to transfer a gun from online. This is eveything ive worked on:

post-24335-053266100 1280506175_thumb.jpg

Saiga 7.62x39-$325 MAA- Conversion parts were from CSS-conversion done myself, Folding stock, internal receiver block

Tan Saiga 7.62x39-$600 from CGW already converted

Saiga 12-$830 stock from store front(mistake), buy online. Converted myself, parts MAA & CSS. folding ar stock,IRB

Olympic M4-$1450 from storefront(mistake),you can easily build one for $600. Wont be top of the line but you dont need top of the line unless you're in combat in the military.

Yeah... Especially when he has 62 rounds of capacity pictured... :rolleyes:

I call bullshit!BSFLAG.gif

Dude's just setting the buyer up, so he can say he didn't know the gun can't shoot for shit.

Yeah... Especially when he has 62 rounds of capacity pictured... :rolleyes:

I call bullshit!BSFLAG.gif

Dude's just setting the buyer up, so he can say he didn't know the gun can't shoot for shit.

I wouldn't be buying it, I was looking at trading a G3 rifle and AR upper with a total value of about $1200 - $1300 on my end. I agree with the "tacticool" comments, that's why i was thinking at the very least I'd lose the bayonet and quad rail, I really don't want to hang a bunch of accessories on it and view the rails as being cheese (skin) graters. I would possibly want a bottom rail section for some type of grip, probably a magpul afg. I looked at the cost of some of the parts new, $250 for the rail, $169 for the bayonet etc. I thought if I pulled off the stuff I didn't want and got 50% of what it cost new I would come out ok on the trade. I would never pay what he's asking in cash but thought I might get the better end of the trade if it really was worth this. If there's not a market for the parts I'd take off then I don't think I'd bother. I was looking at some other threads and see where the drums, and they're maker, are not what you'd call a favorite

The simple fact that he's trying to say he only tried to shoot 30 rounds through it makes me cautious. That's just a load of shit.

Who doesn't test out all their mags?

If it's had the "reliability" service from Alliance, it's absolute shit.

Then again, you could part it all out (just not here please) & buy a new one to make like you want it.

It's funny that you mention weight concerns, yet consider the RapeMaker drums...

The simple fact that he's trying to say he only tried to shoot 30 rounds through it makes me cautious. That's just a load of shit.

Who doesn't test out all their mags?

If it's had the "reliability" service from Alliance, it's absolute shit.

Then again, you could part it all out (just not here please) & buy a new one to make like you want it.

It's funny that you mention weight concerns, yet consider the RapeMaker drums...

That's the thing, I don't really know anything about the drums other than what I've just read here today. It seems like I could make my money back and maybe turn a bit of profit but it may not be worth the trouble. I've got another offer to trade just the G3 rifle (it's a clone G3/CETME build) for two pretty nice Remington Police 870's, a 20" with and M4 style stock and a 18" with a Choate folder. Two dependable pump guns would sheer up my home defense plan way better than 1 tacticool anchor that may or may not go boom when I pull the trigger and I'll still have my AR upper to deal. I think I know which way to go on this. I'd still like to get a nice Saiga 12 setup but I'd rather build it myself (never done one but I've built 100's of AR's and 1911's etc. so I feel pretty good taking on a build) and know what I have.

Wow. :eek:

I'd never seen a S-12 so utterly befouled with Alliance Armament shit before viewing this ad.

That AA quad-rail makes the UTG model, (which I'm not fond of), look damn good!

I'm sure that AA stock really helps the gun cycle too. :rolleyes:

Steer clear of this pile of FAIL, bafsu92.

Another vote for staying away from this. As many other said why would he only put 30 rounds through something that: a) has had that much money spent on it. I don't know about anyone else but if I spent THAT much money I'd surely want to shoot the hell out of it, and B) as Paul said when you have 2 drums (albeit shitty ones) that you have with the gun. I'd surely shoot more them all and see how it works. As also mentioned AA probably could have done something to it that won't allow it to function with anything but their mags. If I had to bet a crisp George Washington on the story of the gun, here is how I think it goes...

He probably shot way more (probably hundreds) than 30 rounds and it doesn't work. Probably has a serious problem with FTE's. He doesn't have the know-how to fix the problems that it's having so he decides to sell it and recoup some money he wasted in this pile and says that he only put 30 rounds through it so he's not "liable" when the buyer gets it and the pile doesn't work. "Hey I only put 30 rounds through it... I didn't know the gun doesn't work correctly."

How's my aim?

Edited by ErikTaylor

WOW. Just WOW. Thats the dumbest looking and the ugliest looking S12 setup that I have ever seen. I think I would pass. Not very practical, probably heavier than shit will all that useless crap on it, and to make matters worse, it probably doesnt even function properly.