Scope Mount and Scope

I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion on a scope mount. I had a POSP scope but i didn't like it cuz it was positioned of to the left of the rifle alittle bit so it was terribly uncomfortable for me. Are the regular flat top mounts placed directly over the center over the rifle or off to the side like the POSP's.

And whats a reseanable red dot scope. I got a BSA on my Hi Point 9mm rifle. Alittle big so i'd like sumthing smaller.

Ford :killer:

Virtually all the flat top mounts are offset to the left of the receiver.

I think there maybe one or two models out there that arent... but I cant name any off the top of my head...

:smoke:

I bought the Ak/ to weaver low mount from Tantal's excellent, only thing I'am not a scope shooter and only bought it for hunting. At a 100 yrds. I don.t shoot any better with a scope although I see better with the scope.

i got a low rise weaver mount from eastwave. its centered over the rec. i put a BSA reddot sight on it. i cant complain about it. paid $30 at walmart and it runs like a champ. I love that the sidemount that i got re-zeros after removal...cause with the low rise, you have to remove the mount ro get the rec cover off to clean.

all in all i consider the two to be an excellent combination..though i dont hunt with it..just plinking at the range

HOOP

i got a low rise weaver mount from eastwave. its centered over the rec. i put a BSA reddot sight on it. i cant complain about it. paid $30 at walmart and it runs like a champ.  I love that the sidemount that i got re-zeros after removal...cause with the low rise, you have to remove the mount ro get the rec cover off to clean.

all in all i consider the two to be an excellent combination..though i dont hunt with it..just plinking at the range

HOOP

hoop whats the eastwave website

:killer:

http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/mountsksak.html

For those who have bought from them, how much is shipping to the states, and did you have to pay duty on it?  And are their prices in US dollars?

the prices are all in $US and i think think shipping was $10. $35 for the mount and $10 for shipping for a total of $45 dollars, no special tax/duty/whatever. got to me a week and a half after order..transactions done online must be done with paypal..atleast when i ordered...hope this helps

HOOP

I have gotten 3 mounts from eastwave...

45 each, or if ya buy two it comes to 88 bucks shipped...

They also come neatly wrapped in brown paper with twine, and lots of cryllic markings, and postal stamps... Not to mention the person that handwrites the info on the wraps... oh man, ya can barely read it... kinda cool, though, to get packages from russia. LOL

:smoke:

The reason I ask is they have a real decent price on the PK AS red dots, but if I have to pay 30 bucks for shipping like they have been stating on eBay then it aint such a hot deal.

I guess I will email them and ask.

The PK01 looks like a Russian Aimpoint clone. I like the chinese aimpoint knockoff I have on another rifle. I am not sure about the automatic intensity thing, I would prefer to decide how bright it is. The thing that interests me about the PK AS is it works without a battery with a black dot / red dot set up.