Price Check on Saiga 308

Don't take it to a gun show, you'll get riped off! Someone here will grab it for a fair price. Wish I didn't buy my second CETME and Rem 788 .308, I'd grab it !

Check out http://www.gunsamerica.com/ to get an idea what Saigas are going for. Mags are hard to find because they are no longer imported at this time.

Edited by Trailblazer

Right now, there are no sources of these rifles, and the secondary market also dried up in the last few weeks. When they were last traded, the lowest price your rifle could have been bought for was about $320, and $45 for a magazine. the new distributor is not up and running yet, so we have no idea what these rifles will bring in the future. I'm hanging onto mine. I predict (WAG) that there will be at least a $150 price increase when imports resume, due to increased materials and energy costs.

There was a used wood 22" model at the last gun show I went to and it was marked at $425. A guy bought it but I don't know what he paid for it. When I first discovered these rifles the dealer that was advertising them locally had the .308 wood for $251. I waited about six months before I bought one and had to give $289. The prices are just going to increase unless a new importer floods the markett with these things.

Last fall CDNN had great prices on the 7.62 by 39 ($180), the .223 ($220 or thereabouts), and the .308 ($250). They also had 30 round mags for the Short Russian, one per customer, for $20 when you bought the rifle, and free shipping if you bought three rifles at one time. They were already out of the .223 when I became aware of the Saigas, but I bought the other two. CDNN also had the shotguns at great prices. Many of us have therefore missed the boat on low priced Saigas. Maybe a new boat will come in this year from the new distributor. I just bought three of the .308 mags over the net for $35 each. They are definitely scarce and rising in price if you can find any for sale.

Monomonk

There was a used wood 22" model at the last gun show I went to and it was marked at $425.  A guy bought it but I don't know what he paid for it.  When I first discovered these rifles the dealer that was advertising them locally had the .308 wood for $251.  I waited about six months before I bought one and had to give $289.  The prices are just going to increase unless a new importer floods the markett with these things.

I was very leary at first about selling via internet and FedEx- until I finally did it. I have sold many rifles this way now and have never had a problem.

There are a few rules you should be aware of.

1) Before mailing a rifle, you need to have them mail a copy of their signed in ink FFL and mail only to the address on the license. I only sold to people I knew were legit and vice versa and they always sent a MO with the FFL.

2) unless the reciever is pre 1898 (I do a lot of C&R) it cannot be sent USPS. Must go common carrier (UPS/FedEx/DHL)

3) handguns must be overnighted

I was very leary at first about selling via internet and FedEx- until I finally did it. I have sold many rifles this way now and have never had a problem.

There are a few rules you should be aware of.

1) Before mailing a rifle, you need to have them mail a copy of their signed in ink FFL and mail only to the address on the license. I only sold to people I knew were legit and vice versa and they always sent a MO with the FFL.

2) unless the reciever is pre 1898 (I do a lot of C&R) it cannot be sent USPS. Must go common carrier (UPS/FedEx/DHL)

3) handguns must be overnighted

How do you handle the money exchange?

Actually, you *CAN* ship rifles and shotguns via USPS... I had some come to MY ffl exactly that way, I was very suprised, bvut he says they do it all the time... I think you have to SHOW the USPS clerk the actual INK SIGNED FFL paperwork for it to be a GO however...

I DO KNOW that you CAN ship via USPS...just not the details of it...

ALSO...

CHECK OUT this link... with the right numbers, you can VERIFY an FFL on the internet, and use that as your SHIP TO ADDRESS...

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

As long as you have the FIRST 3 and the LAST 5 numbers of the FFL license, you can VERIFY a VALID FFL address, so that you can ship TO IT...Thats exactly the method I used to ship two shotguns to Alex Wakal last week...

Think of it as shipping a gun back to the manufacturer for repair work... you dont need their FFL copy, you already *KNOW* they are valid... kinda along those lines...

:smoke:

Have them send a money order first, when you get it ship the rifle and have them send an email when they get it. If they're happy with it, cash the Money order. If not, have them ship the rifle back and mail them back the MO.

Thanks for the correction, I've been told by a few people that USPS would not ship any firearm. As for the FFL, as an FFL holder (C&R)I'm supposed to have a copy on file of anyone I ship to, and record it in my stupid little book. Wasn't really thinking about it, but I guess a non FFL holder wouldn't have any reason to have a copy.

Edited by danny boy
  • 6 months later...