Confused about k-var saiga 12

I have an S12 coming from K-VAR as we speak (should get here next week). I read the same as you and it perplexed me also. The wording is a little misleading.

I realized that K-VAR just copied the same advertisement from Izhmash. There is a video of the Izhmash factory on youtube that is excellent to watch to learn about the S12. Right in the middle of it they have the EXACT SAME PARAGRAPH (except for the conversion sentence) that K-VAR has on their web site. Keep in mind it is meant as an advertisement to a large market around the globe. Mother Russia exports a lot of weapons to many countries and some do not allow rifles but allow shotguns for civilian use. It is a selling point.

I guess if you completely close off the gas system you will have a single shot but I have not read about it here at Saiga-12.com. Kind of reminded of my FN FAL on the grenade gas cut off switch up at the front. It is the same idea to turn it into a single shot but with a special cartridge for that purpose. Love my FAL.

If a forum Guru would step in it would help us both out.

Frosty

Edited by Frosty

Ericoak,

Could you do me a favor.....Please.

Could you check the number of gas ports your S12 has and let me know. One more thing does your S12 have any ARSENAL company logo or such on it letting you know it came through them?

I would really appreciate this. My K-VAR S12 will be here next week. I can't wait. I already have ammo and spare mags set up.........its not even here yet.!!!!!

Frosty

Yes there is an Arsenal Stamp on the very back of the receiver on the same side as the scope rail. I will check the ports tonight, just finished the pistol grip I am trying to get the Saiga Internation Stock Adapter to fit. Even more frustrating I fired buchshot and slug rounds on setting two because the advertisement led me to believe that there is a semi and single shot mode so if it cycled its on the right setting.

Yes there is an Arsenal Stamp on the very back of the receiver on the same side as the scope rail. I will check the ports tonight, just finished the pistol grip I am trying to get the Saiga Internation Stock Adapter to fit. Even more frustrating I fired buchshot and slug rounds on setting two because the advertisement led me to believe that there is a semi and single shot mode so if it cycled its on the right setting.

Excellent..............Arsenal Stamp..........YES........Excellent. Yes, it is misleading, I agree. Don't worry though your shotty is O.K.. Continuing to shoot on setting #2 will cause the firing pin in the bolt to slam and kiss the rear trunnion where the butt stock is mounted.

Just remember when using High brass Slugs, High Velocity Buck as in 3 inch magnum, and even some High brass HEAVY dove loads/Pheasant put your Gas Plug on Setting #1. Everything else for low brass skeet bird shot and such put it on setting #2.

Ports......shine a flashlight in there where your gas plug was and look down at the bottom of the gas block you should see 3 to 4 holes. Those are your gas ports. You may need to get a paper clip and feel around in that hole to see if a port is hiding behind the lip of the gas block.

So how did your S12 run for you?

Frosty

Edited by Frosty