Does the Knoxx conversion work?

I believe that somebody figured out after all the work required to make it fit, one would end up with either a magazine that couldn't force the shells up high enough to get stripped off by the bolt, or they sat so high that the bolt could have easily struck the primer. It's basically a dead idea from what I've seen and heard.

I have a question about a different take on the situation:

Will a Knoxx magazine feed shells into an S-12 if it can be made to lock into the S12's magwell at the proper angle? I'm not sure how the Knoxx magazine holds shells in without some kind of lips (Even if they aren't feedlips). But if you could make up a magwell for the S12, or locking tabs for the Knoxx mag, you'd be in business. Can anyone think of a reason why that wouldn't work?

Some people have tried it but have not perfected it yet. If you do a search, you will see the threads. Pictures and everything. :eek:

It can and will work, it just needs to be de-bugged. The most likely source will be Stoney Creek Armory

http://stonycreekarmory.com/

Check them out - nice products. :smoke:

They are working on it now and have said that they will be selling them "soon". :angel:

Send them a note to give them a little motivation. :super:

I happen to have a Knoxx kit mounted on a Maverick 88 and it is alright for range time but i wouldn't put my money on it for home defense at all since it seems to be fickle when wanting to load (at least for me ). The past two times i've had mine out when you have either 6 or 7 shells left in the mag it won't push the shells up. Might just be a spring adjustment that i need to do.

I happen to have a Knoxx kit mounted on a Maverick 88 and it is alright for range time but i wouldn't put my money on it for home defense at all since it seems to be fickle when wanting to load (at least for me ). The past two times i've had mine out when you have either 6 or 7 shells left in the mag it won't push the shells up. Might just be a spring adjustment that i need to do.

Hey Gents.

So far, Flogger seems to have been the only one to get one up and running. Mine still does not seem to work 100%, or even 75%. I have the same problem as scoutjoe, the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th just don't seem to have enough push behind them and they jam. The first few work great, and the last few also, but those damn middle ones.......

Its not a spring tension thing. I've taken it apart, and you cannot add another turn to the spring. Its as tight as it can be and still allow the loading of all 10 rounds (actually, I can fit 11 in there no problem). So..........I've kinda put it on the back burner for now. I tinker with it, then put it away, then tinker with it some more. If someone designes a feed tower for it, that would be great! Until then, out of the two that have been converted (that we know of), one works great (Flogger's) and one doesn't (mine).

Follow This Link and you can read though what Flooger and I have done and maybe someone can get a second 100% feeding NLFD up and running.

1st

.....out of the two that have been converted (that we know of), one works great (Flogger's) and one doesn't (mine).

Follow This Link and you can read though what Flooger and I have done and maybe someone can get a second 100% feeding NLFD up and running.

1st

I have a theory on a possible reason that the rounds don't strip. I'll post it on the end of the original thread that you've given the link to.

Hey Gents.

So far, Flogger seems to have been the only one to get one up and running.  Mine still does not seem to work 100%, or even 75%.  I have the same problem as scoutjoe, the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th just don't seem to have enough push behind them and they jam.  The first few work great, and the last few also, but those damn middle ones.......

Its not a spring tension thing.  I've taken it apart, and you cannot add another turn to the spring.  Its as tight as it can be and still allow the loading of all 10 rounds (actually, I can fit 11 in there no problem).  So..........I've kinda put it on the back burner for now.  I tinker with it, then put it away, then tinker with it some more.  If someone designes a feed tower for it, that would be great!  Until then, out of the two that have been converted (that we know of), one works great (Flogger's) and one doesn't (mine).

1st

Working on one now. Trying to accomplish the same thing you did and leave more metal on the Knoxx tower. I would like to thank you and Flogger for the inspiration, excellent pictures and discussions on this subject. They have been very helpfull to me.

Shep