Rifle is pretty much finished..

Finally got around to mounting my light and deciding on a sling mount.. gun is done as far as I am concerned.. LOVE shooting this gun.. was out at the range today..

Saiga 7.62x39

Ace Internal Block

Ace Stock

Tapco Saw Pistol Grip

Tapco FCG

Surefire Magazine (15rd I live in NJ)

Ultimak Hand Guard

Magpul AFG

Viking Tactics G2 Light Mount

Surefire G2

Viking Tactics Low Profile Swivel Mount With Quick Release

Ultimak Gas Tube

Aimpoint H1

saiga.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful. Got a question regarding your offset light mount. If you were to put it on your top ultimak rail does it sit low enough for the aimpoint to be used without the FL mount blocking the view? I know the Vltor offset mounts sit low enough but are priced much higher than the viking tactical ones.

Thanks for all the compliments..

Beautiful. Got a question regarding your offset light mount. If you were to put it on your top ultimak rail does it sit low enough for the aimpoint to be used without the FL mount blocking the view? I know the Vltor offset mounts sit low enough but are priced much higher than the viking tactical ones.

not really sure.. the vtac one DOES sit pretty low.. but the aimpoint sits low as well.. if it DID work out it would probably put the light in a pretty good spot..

hmmmm actually thinking that gas tube gets pretty hot and i think that the flashlight mount is plastic.. so it MIGHT get a little too hot..

all in all I am REALLY impressed with the vtac stuff..

How do you like the AFG? I have heard mixed reviews.

did not like with the "finger ridge" in it... but as it is on my gun (smooth) yeah i like it a lot.. it is a lot more natural for me than a traditional front grip.. I like where it puts my thumb for the light.... I like it all so far.. doubt I will do anything else.. I am probably putting an AR15 together and will likely use it again...

• Like 1

How do you like the AFG? I have heard mixed reviews.

did not like with the "finger ridge" in it... but as it is on my gun (smooth) yeah i like it a lot.. it is a lot more natural for me than a traditional front grip.. I like where it puts my thumb for the light.... I like it all so far.. doubt I will do anything else.. I am probably putting an AR15 together and will likely use it again...

+1 the finger ridge looked kinda funkey, but everyone that I know that run them seem to like them. The web, however, has mixed reviews. Thanks for the low down.

+1 the finger ridge looked kinda funkey, but everyone that I know that run them seem to like them. The web, however, has mixed reviews. Thanks for the low down.

yup!

I think it would depend on the weapon system.. the user.. and how they are used to operating the firearm.. I always really had a traditional front PG on it.. but I really didn't actually hold it MOST of the time.. MOST of the time I would kind of put my palm really high on the PG and almost be touching the front rails to support the rifle.. so for me.. this goofy looking thing ended up putting me hand right where I like it to be.. and the slight angle made it all feel really natural.. but again I guess it will all vary depending on shooter and system.. but I figured for as cheap as it was I would give it a try.. and it just feels good to me.. not to beat it to death but the finger ridge thing was really stupid IMO.. it did not really function naturally because I am not really holding it like a PG..

= )

Something about those slab side dimmple-less receivers that just sets saigas off for me :wub:

damn shame you can't thread that barrel in jersey DW :(

yes it does suck.. I can thread it.. install the BRAKE and then pin and weld it.. which I might do at some point.. I have not gone through all that because it is kind of annoying and the recoil doesnt really bother me that much.. my rifle has a decent amount of weight out front.. so follow up shots are still pretty fluid.. although I imagine a brake would make it even better.. lol

Finally got around to mounting my light and deciding on a sling mount.. gun is done as far as I am concerned.. LOVE shooting this gun.. was out at the range today..

Saiga 7.62x39

Ace Internal Block

Ace Stock

Tapco Saw Pistol Grip

Tapco FCG

Surefire Magazine (15rd I live in NJ)

Ultimak Hand Guard

Magpul AFG

Viking Tactics G2 Light Mount

Surefire G2

Viking Tactics Low Profile Swivel Mount With Quick Release

Ultimak Gas Tube

Aimpoint H1

saiga.jpg

What model # is that Ultimak Gas Tube? Very nice build. I am pieceing together a Franken - SBR, and I was thinking about using a Ultimak Gas Tube.

Thanks.