To buy a .223 or not???

I already own two saiga's in 308 I'm very happy with them. I'm kind of on the fence about buying one in .223?? My dealer has a few of them still left in the rack. I never owned a rifle in .223 yet because the AR just doesn't do anything for me. I want to collect more Saiga's but with the import going at a snails rate plus were maybe looking at higher prices of them maybe the .223 is the way to go? I'm kind of in a boat with no oars I just need a push to help me !!!! How do you like your Saiga in .223??? :rolleyes: UKP

Edited by Unknown Poster

Well I really like mine, I have 2, on I left pretty much stock and made a non conversion stock which I now use as pattern for ones I sell. The other I have been messing with. I like both, they both shoot as well as my AR-15 16", the converted one has a better trigger and still has cost about half as much even after converting and modifying as the AR. If you want a AK in 223, its the cheapest way, and you are getting a decent rifle, not junk.

As far as 223 goes, its a potent varminter/ plinking round that has very little recoil is pretty accurate and is realtively cheap to shoot, you aren't going to be doing 500 yard prairiedoging with it, but its a decent 300 yard or so rifle.

akcoyote10a.jpg

Edited by Onepoint

Thank's guys for your support in my time of need after I realized i needed one too I started having withdrawls over this!!!!!! I purchased it today its a Saiga in .223 and its awesome!!!!!!!! I got an extra mag with it too. Since the local dealer has a few more it just maybe another one too, well maybe after i shoot this one and the love begins. These Saiga's sure are sweet!!!!!!!!!! And the prices too are so affordable how can you not buy one?? I'm a few bucks over $300 with an extra new mag and 2 boxes ammo too. I have a feeling these prices won't last too much longer. I still say the new Saiga's are a breath of fresh air to our market and it has to be the hottest buy on the planet!!!! I really think i need another one?? UKP

Its the smallest center fire i have ever seen!!!!!! I've been a big bore guy for over 30+ years.

Edited by Unknown Poster
  • 2 months later...

Thanks again guys I purchased my second one(.223) and i never fired the first one yet!!!!! Samey, Same price/purchase again too w/an extra mag.

It looked a puppy in the rack that needed a good home. After seeing what happened to the chinese sks's a few years back i deceided to grab another saiga in .223 just incase they don't return to our shores mainly because its been going on too long now waiting for the new import. Who knows whats going on with the new importer?? I'm starting to change my collecting direction again I'm kind of tired waiting for the new saiga's to get here I can always comeback to saiga's again.

Edited by Unknown Poster

Good decision! Now you can convert one to a better handling rifle like it was designed to be and still be able to leave one stock if you want to sit on it till we see what happens to values after we get a new importer. I just got mine and I'm almost finished converting it. I've always been a 7.62 x39 fan but this one is trying hard to become my new favorite rifle! I have always shunned the .223 because of the stuck up AR syndrome that usually goes with it but I really like the low recoil and just found out .223 is almost as cheap to buy as 7.62x39. Always just assumed it was high like everything else to do with ARs. Learn something every day!

post-1293-1121786934_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just found a used saiga in 308win w/extra mag and scope for $229 I couldn't pass it up so i grabbed another one. Its still like new i cleaned and lubed it up with my favorite moly and she is good for a trip to the range to site her in. I went looking for a new hunting rifle(280rem) and found another saiga instead. So the saiga is going deer hunting in Nov. I never expected to find a used one already. I would never give up my saiga's they would be the last to go.