Weapon light on your CCW?

Does any one out there have a light on there carry pistol?

I have a Glock 22 I've been using as my primary carry pistol. I've been debating if putting a light on my Glock is worth it. I live in a fairly rural area so there's not much in the way of lighting out here other then porch lights and the lights on your car. If I do put a light on my Glock I'm going to need a new holster. Any recommendations for a IWB holster for a full size Glock and light?

You should do some studying up on Glock 22's with tactical lights. Evidently the model 22 doesn't care for tactical lights too much, I've read many stories of them jamming quite frequently and getting worse with use. I had a G22 that jsammed once with a light attached but that could have just been coincidence. I would try going over to the Glock talk forums and do some reading.

Galco might make an IWB holster for it, I know they do for other pistols with lights.

Hope that helps

Bullseyeboy-

I carry a Ruger LCP. I do not have a tactical light on it. I figure I've got good night vision (for a few more years I hope) and, while carrying, I hope to use darkness as concealment if I ever have to. I, however, live in a majorly urban area with so much light pollution that I despair of ever truly seeing the stars again. Mainly, though, my concealment method (pocket) doesn't allow much else in it without printing and the weapon has always been a last chance weapon. Were I in a rural area with little ambient light, a tactical light would probably be high on my list of concerns.

I am looking at a tactical light for my S-12 for home defense and I'm currrently examining options.

Oh, I thought we were talking about weapon lights..

I carry an EDC flashlight as well....

2009111191148191.jpg

Though, I could think of better tools for a "less than lethal" option than this light...

Oh, I thought we were talking about weapon lights..

I carry an EDC flashlight as well....

HOTLINKED IMAGE

Though, I could think of better tools for a "less than lethal" option than this light...

My point was that a hand light offers more versatility than a weapons-mounted one.

Any flashlight that sticks out of your closed fist is a sh**load better than a fist alone as an impact instrument, and is unlikely to be lethal.

This is a Surefire E2D:

surefire-e2d-defender.jpg

When the lights go out in your office and it's pitch dark, I highly doubt folks are going to take kindly to you drawing your pistol to use it as a flashlight.

RT, Here is my "Night Holster"

More groovy new kydex from SharkTac....

My new Glock 19 w/ insight Xti Southpaw AIWB holster

and my new KWA Southpaw horizontal training mag pouch."Bullets" down.. In Day glow orange....

10832_1162543068699_1381519105_30371951_3291418_n.jpg

backside

10832_1166497407555_1381519105_30380482_4744589_n.jpg

Talked to a friend the other day and he's never had a problem with the G22s they have at work. Maybe the Tac-light issue is like so many other minor glitches that get blown out of proportion on line?

It was actually a legit problem for a lot of G22's. Something to do with the fact that the lights prohibited the frame from flexing like it was supposed to.

But like your buddy, my buddy hasn't had any problems on his issued G22 with a light mounted either.

Yeah I also heard that it had something to do with the frame not being able to flex as designed. I also read that Glock had redesigned their G22 mags to help solve the issue but it still didn't help those with the problematic G22's. I'm in no way trying to keep you from getting a weapon mounted light, I just thought I would inform you of a possible problem that might occur and might stay a problem after the light is removed. Just keep us informed on what choice you make and how it works out please.

Bullseyeboy-

I was talking to a friend that's a dealer and he hasn't had any cycling issues on the G22 with lights attached. The more I talk to people that use the G22 a lot the more I think the cycling issues are very isolated.I have to find a free day where I can go to the range and run some rounds through my gun just to see.

Juggernaut I really like that holster. I'll have to look into getting one of those. I've been trying to stay away from a holster that would go outside the belt but I'm coming to realize I'm going to have to change over and possibly modify the way I dress.