WOW, thats fricken awesome...I have been looking into a GSG AK style 22 lately, but just don't like the fact there is so much polymer. I would pick up one of these in a heartbeat.

-EnzNow

Resist the temptation to get a GSG "AK". I have one, and it is nothing more than a range toy. The internal design is totally different than a real AK, they are much harder to work on, and they are not nearly durable enough to do any serious training with. A WASR-22, or hopefully soon, a Saiga 22 would be a much better choice. Now if only they will become available here.

I can't wait to get one either. We won't have to use USC922r compliant parts since .22 rifles are exempt from that idiotic law (please correct me if I'm wrong) if it's sporterized. Another advantage over the WASR-22 is the Russian quality and reliability. I just hope it's not priced out of my reach.

Hopefully it has parts that we can use, it says recoil opperated, not gas, I only hope it a source of certain parts :killer: that we all want for certain builds :angel: , we shall see. Anyway i'll still get one just to plink with.

Do you guys remember when MTK did the promo for the GSG-22? They flew him out to Germany for a meet and greet.

Heres a picture of the man himself glad-handing the good volks at German Sports Guns:

pics4all-upload-pe275ee-kalashnikov-besuch-1.jpg

Now purely speculation here, but do you think part of the reason IZZY hasn't introduced a 22lr saiga here in the states has something to do with this trip? Maybe MTK and his factory received some cash in order to keep the field free for the GSG "product".....

Edited by bigsal

Do you guys remember when MTK did the promo for the GSG-22? They flew him out to Germany for a meet and greet.

Heres a picture of the man himself glad-handing the good volks at German Sports Guns:

pics4all-upload-pe275ee-kalashnikov-besuch-1.jpg

Now purely speculation here, but do you think part of the reason IZZY hasn't introduced a 22lr saiga here in the states has something to do with this trip? Maybe MTK and his factory received some cash in order to keep the field free for the GSG "product".....

Interesting theory. Doubt we'll ever know the real answer though.