Here's my conversion list

• 2 weeks later...

Lastly....I have changed out more than a few gas pistons in the rifles....drill the dimples out and you better have one serious fucking vise to hold it while your guts fly out your ass getting that thing broke loose....I wont change anymore frankly.....It adds nothing to the reliability nor performance and you do not need it for compliance as you already have that covered.

Save your money there and go buy some ice cream.

I misspoke. I did not see that your wood was foreign made. Yup...do the gas piston.

I should not have been so drastic about replacing the piston.....some come off pretty easy....but the last one (still fresh in my mind) was a sum bitch.....I had sparks flying out of it as it slowly turned it was on so tight....I shit you not.....but drill the dimples on the side.....get a good vise....and a big nice pair of channel locks.....

Lastly....I have changed out more than a few gas pistons in the rifles....drill the dimples out and you better have one serious fucking vise to hold it while your guts fly out your ass getting that thing broke loose....I wont change anymore frankly.....It adds nothing to the reliability nor performance and you do not need it for compliance as you already have that covered.

Save your money there and go buy some ice cream.

I CANT HAve ice cream lol im lactose intolerant

but yeah i get what u are saying. i have a father inlaw that was am aifroce(aircraft carrier) jet macanic and he has tons of tools and mills and presses and anything u could want. hes gonna help me with the .223 when i get the parts to move the trigger up

• 2 weeks later...

WELL I GOT MY WOOD TODAY from https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_79/products_id/1208. and i must say for $25 is an awsome deal for some real hardwood AK parts and they are in pritty good condition and come shipped really well packed so they dont move around and they even have some greese stuff/smell on them????

he's some pics and i orderd all my parts to finish the converion also. Cant wait. And yeah im gonna sand the parts and refinsh them. the but just has a few minor scratches and the lower has one too but a fine grit will take them right out.

post-25497-0-94758600-1288281246_thumb.jpg

post-25497-0-20267400-1288281276_thumb.jpg

post-25497-0-66508200-1288281289_thumb.jpg

WELL I GOT MY WOOD TODAY from https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_79/products_id/1208. and i must say for $25 is an awsome deal for some real hardwood AK parts and they are in pritty good condition and come shipped really well packed so they dont move around and they even have some greese stuff/smell on them????

he's some pics and i orderd all my parts to finish the converion also. Cant wait. And yeah im gonna sand the parts and refinsh them. the but just has a few minor scratches and the lower has one too but a fine grit will take them right out.

You sure that the smell was not dead mouse...lol Here kitty kitty...lol

lol no mice in my house lol

I also just bought the Wolf Extra power recoil spring ($21 after hipping) and.........

UPDATE(JUST ORDERED IT ALL TONIGHT):

carolinashooterssupply.com Items

1 GAS TUBE FOR AK47'S AND SAIGA RIFLES @ $28.50 = $28.50

1 GRIP AK/SAIGA GRIP SCREW AND BUSHING SET @ $6.60 = $6.60

1 GRIP AK/SAIGA ORIGINAL STYLE <B>BLACK</B> @ $9.45 = $9.45

1 HANDGUARD RETAINING LOWER BRACKET @ $33.20 = $33.20

1 TRIGGER GROUP-SAIGA/AK-47 <b>SINGLE HOOK G2</b> @ $25.86 = $25.86

1 TRIGGER PARTS-AXIS PIN RETAINING PLATE FOR THE SAIGA RIFLES/AK 47 @ $5.37 = $5.37

1 GAS PISTON- AK47 & ALL SAIGA RIFLES 308, 223, 7.62, 5.45 @ $12.30 = $12.30

1 TRIGGER GROUP HOLE PLUGS FOR SAIGA CONVERSIONS @ $0.95 = $0.95

Sub-Total: $122.23

Shipping: $10.00 (Priority USPS)

Sales Tax: $0.00

5% DISCOUNT TOO

carolinashooterssupply.com Total: $132.23

so my grand total pluse the wood(33.75) is 187.32.

not to bad but my problem now is i need more ammo