Title says it all. I'm looking for one of these and want a good price. Anyone know where to get em? Also after the stamp, is there any port work involved to cut the barrel? If not, do you hurt the gun shooting with the long barrel?

I havent been searching or watching for "krinkable" SLR's or other various offerings so I may be way behind on new info.

But I just noticed that KVAR shows actually having in stock various SLR rifles with the AK100 folding stock

about $895 depending if black or desert sand poly furniture.

Of course the SLR107-61 version (previously the "UR" model) shows out of stock currently. Price also listed below $1000, though :-)

Perhaps this hints at upcoming availability?

Also, for the folding stock & hinge parts becoming available hopefully?

Cheers,

HarvKY

jesus you weren't kidding about the hefty gun broker price!

You might want to reconsider your choice of '107 "SBR candidate", vitamink.

The UR's seem to be the most popular, so expect to pay ~$1400+ for one, on the increasingly rare occasions that you can even find one for sale.

I recently bought a SLR-107CR for ~$800. Once you get your stamp, you can easily turn a CR into something like this:

ak104.jpg

AK-104

That's the route I'm taking. I prefer having a ~12" barrel, (still damn short and provides higher muzzle velocity i.e. effective range than the ~8"), and I saved some significant :dollar: as a side-bonus.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

FYI, there is one problem with the KVAR SLR. they have that folding stock. if you do that just go with an SGL. The folding stock on the SLR (though really cool) requires you change the rear tang to change to standard furniture. I found this because I have an Colorado Shooting Sports "Lightning Bolt" that I love but makes the folder useless. I wanted to change to a different folder but I'd have to change the trunnion or gunsmith it myself.

Mine actually looks much like the one above with a longer barrel and a birdcage break. that stock is riveted on

Edited by Gnosticguardian

FYI, there is one problem with the KVAR SLR. they have that folding stock. if you do that just go with an SGL. The folding stock on the SLR (though really cool) requires you change the rear tang to change to standard furniture. I found this because I have an Colorado Shooting Sports "Lightning Bolt" that I love but makes the folder useless. I wanted to change to a different folder but I'd have to change the trunnion or gunsmith it myself.

Mine actually looks much like the one above with a longer barrel and a birdcage break. that stock is riveted on

First time I've heard some almost complain about having a traditional AK side folder. :eek::D

But on a serious note; I'm assuming the guys who are getting the SLR's are the guys who want that traditional folder, without having to deal with installing one on another AK. From what I've seen/read, that process looks like a pain in the ass.

First time I've heard some almost complain about having a traditional AK side folder. :eek::D

But on a serious note; I'm assuming the guys who are getting the SLR's are the guys who want that traditional folder, without having to deal with installing one on another AK. From what I've seen/read, that process looks like a pain in the ass.

No kidding! The AK-100 series style side folder is probably the most generally desirable AK stock available. If anyone wanted to swap one of those for something else, they could easily find a buyer.

• 3 weeks later...