Range report with new TwisterPuc and MD V-Plug

I went ahead and emailed. Again I'm not looking for something for free as I did shoot the crap out of it. However if it's suppose to last the life of the gun and the manufacture wants to warranty this item that's fine too. If not no hard feelings. I'm sure the stock one will work just fine.

I was cleaning my shotgun yesterday and I had to push the TwisterPuc quite hard with a pistol cleaning rod in order to get it out. I had fitting problems with a Chaos puck before. I had to sand it a number of times until I achieved a proper fit.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I put my Chaos puck back in there and went shooting last weekend. The gun did seem to cycle better. Federal bulk load still required the 5th setting, but ejected more forcefully when fired off hip. Then, I had these 3" magnum slugs that actually cycled on 1 (-) off hip.

• 3 months later...

look at the back side of the puck and see if you can see any signs of mushrooming. see if the gogun USA letters are pressed in any. if they are thats probably why it wont go back in. the end that goes in first is probably mushroomed out a couple thousandths, just enough to keep it from going back in. this would explain having to beat it out. of course E-tac will claim that you mushroomed it by beating it out because apparently its not possible for these twister pucks to mushroom!:unsure:

That can be the only conclusion. I even tried lightly tapping it back in because forget trying to put it back in by hand. I don't abuse my weapons other than how they should be and I know I haven't done anything to cause by user error. None the less the stock one goes right back into place so I believe something is faulty with my puck. Do they use an inferior metal or something? I don't want to start internet rumors about a company because I know how annoying that can get. However something isn't right. Has this happened to other people?

I had the same problem with the stock Twister puck. I did not have it in my gun very long and discovered it was close to impossible to remove.. It had dropped in OK but after 3 trips to the range it changed and became difficult to get out. Luckily I was able to pound it out with a wood dowel and remove it before it did any more damage.

I have pics posted in the puck thread. I sent it to KA and they very kindly sent me a FREE replacement .. The KA works a LOT better.. is better made and has not "changed" it is still easy to remove.

It is also not damaging my gas tube. You could see where the tips of the twister were causing wear on the ID of the gas tube. Go with a stock or with a KA puck.. I think KA is coming out with an new design.. Regardless.. if you want a US made puck you can send your deformed Twister to KA and they will ship you a free one of theirs!

I have no opinion on the twister puck co. All I know is their puck did not help my shotgun, it did make it need to get cleaned MORE not less (the cutouts fill with lead and plastic), and started to damage the Gas Tube.

The KA seems to have a slight more umph than stock. It comes out OK. The KA is as good or better than stock puck, and I would not recommend the Twister puck to anyone.