Where to buy these RUSSIAN parts?

I am looking for the parts that are usually excluded from the complete guns before import so I know they are hard to find, I have been spending weeks looking online without much luck, I can find the pistol grip and buttstock but it's plum not black, rusmilitary is constantly sold out, kvar and other big sites only have crapco and other american made or bulgarian parts

1. Complete Russian trigger group AK74

2. Black Pistol grip

3. Black synthetic buttstock (not plum, not bulgarian must be russian)

4. Russian muzzle brake 24x1.5

5. Izzy Bayonet type 3

Edited by NwShooter503

While I cannot help you with the allocation of the parts you requested, I can say that in the states, legally you will need at least to compromise with having a few American parts due to the bs 922r. In a nutshell as I understand it you are limited to 10 foreign parts. :ded:

• Like 1

While I cannot help you with the allocation of the parts you requested, I can say that in the states, legally you will need at least to compromise with having a few American parts due to the bs 922r. In a nutshell as I understand it you are limited to 10 foreign parts. :ded:

yes I understand, however I just want the parts to sit on my coffee table for decoration so the law really does not apply towards my intended use

When the Russians switched from plum in the early 90's they went to a folding stock AK74M and the black poly's stocks are all folders on their service rifles.

They probably made fixed stocks for civilian or export contracts but I don't think I've ever seen one for sale.

The brakes are readily available on Gunbroker, with a little searching you can find Russian grips too.

Z

• Like 1

Hang out over on theAKforum.net too. Russian stuff gets posted regularly there.

But, you will pay dearly for some of it and as another poster mentioned, I don't recall ever seeing a Russian black fixed poly stock. They went from wood to plum and then to the newer folding 100-series stocks. There may have been limited numbers produced (like the transitional black poly mags) but you'll pay dearly for them.

Hang out over on theAKforum.net too. Russian stuff gets posted regularly there.

But, you will pay dearly for some of it and as another poster mentioned, I don't recall ever seeing a Russian black fixed poly stock. They went from wood to plum and then to the newer folding 100-series stocks. There may have been limited numbers produced (like the transitional black poly mags) but you'll pay dearly for them.

ok thanks, I guess the next step would be buying a plum and dye or rattle can it black, I can find the other bits and pieces

wait thats it!!!! buy the plum stock but only color it with russian dye or paint!

Edited by NwShooter503

Why paint a plum? The paint will eventually chip off and look like @ss.

The black poly Bulgarian stocks are identical to the Russian plums, just in black. K-VAR's US copy is almost identical, plus being a compliance part.

What does logic matter he is just going to sit them on his coffee table to stare at anyway :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 1

What does logic matter he is just going to sit them on his coffee table to stare at anyway :unsure::rolleyes:

If he's going to paint a plum, he ends up with a stock the Russians never issued in the first place, so whats the difference between getting a US made identical black stock, or painting a Russian plum to be a fake black?

Neither are 'correct' if he's after a Russian black fixed stock.

Z

If he's going to paint a plum, he ends up with a stock the Russians never issued in the first place, so whats the difference between getting a US made identical black stock, or painting a Russian plum to be a fake black?

Neither are 'correct' if he's after a Russian black fixed stock.

Z

I know, I was simply mocking the expense at which he is going to "sit on my coffee table for decoration" unauthentic parts...which you pointed out more fluently.

• Like 2

IMO he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Sure the whole coffee table thing is right up there with "tragic boating accident" but, as far as we know he is genuinely just after the parts for decoration/collection, and not to assemble into any weapon. Not to mention 922r is not subject to constructive possession.

Personally, I think his decorating style is pretty bad. I'd recommend maybe a nice candle assortment or perhaps a set of decorative coasters for the coffee table, but hey, I'm no interior decorator.

• Like 3

well the Bulgarian stock is Bulgarian....not Russian

the KVAR stock is IMHO worth less than dog crap

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_furniture.htm

scroll down and you can see a black izzy FIXED stock, however they are sold out

Thats an odd statement, the Bulgarians are generally considered to have made equipment just as good as the Russian stuff, on Russian tooling. The US made K-Var furniture is also made on the same tooling, supposedly. Not sure what K-Var stock you are talking about though.

Lately K-Var has popped up with a lot of true Izhmash furniture, the SGL31-94 has a 5.5mm trunnion and Izzy folding stock straight from Legion.

Z

• Like 1

I know, I was simply mocking the expense at which he is going to "sit on my coffee table for decoration" unauthentic parts...which you pointed out more fluently.

I see said the blind man :)

(I didn't get your sarcasm, my bad)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You will find that many "Bulgarian" items are in fact Russian manufactured with the Izzy or Tula marks removed. Not saying it happened on the stocks, but it did happen on the magazines. A lot.