BATF Form 1 arrived in 3 months

I recieved my Form 1 Last week and it was approved on Nov 15. I sent it in sometime in early August so it took about three months to the day. Anyway, I just opened up my Email from Vickey at CGW with the UPS docs. I'm going to have Tom cut the barrel to 16" in order to recreate a factory Saiga 12-K. I plan to do the rest of the conversion myself, and will referr to Skotts Saiga 12 thread as an instruction guide. The only thing I plan to do different is the stock. I am going to use the black plastick AK 74 stock and pistol grip in non folder configuration for now. First things first. Basicaly, I just want to make sure the gun runs on the 1 oz. 2 3/4 brass after the barrell is cut and threaded. Lastly, I plan to get a digital camera in the near future, so I can post pix on this thread for anyone who is interested. Does anyone have any suggestions on what camera is the easiest to use? I'm still in the stone age when it comes to new technology. I bought my girl friend a digital camera a few years ago and still can't figure the damned thing out. Please give some advice. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Edited by macaholic

I recieved my Form 1 Last week and it was approved on Nov 15. I sent it in sometime in early August so it took about three months to the day. Anyway, I just opened up my Email from Vickey at CGW with the UPS docs. I'm going to have Tom cut the barrel to 16" in order to recreate a factory Saiga 12-K. I plan to do the rest of the conversion myself, and will referr to Skotts Saiga 12 thread as an instruction guide. The only thing I plan to do different is the stock. I am going to use the black plastick AK 74 stock and pistol grip in non folder configuration for now. First things first. Basicaly, I just want to make sure the gun runs on the 1 oz. 2 3/4 brass after the barrell is cut and threaded. Lastly, I plan to get a digital camera in the near future, so I can post pix on this thread for anyone who is interested. Does anyone have any suggestions on what camera is the easiest to use? I'm still in the stone age when it comes to new technology. I bought my girl friend a digital camera a few years ago and still can't figure the damned thing out. Please give some advice. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Macaholic,

That sounds like a neat project. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Tom will take good care of you. Re: camera:

1) set camera to VGA resolution so you don't have to convert pictures later.

2) if taking closeups, look for the little "flower" icon and use this setting.

3) use an on-line hosting site to post your pictures (I like hunt101.com) and then link to the pictures from your post.

Good luck!

Jake

I was kind of surrprized myself because I called ATF about a week before the stamp came, and the guy told me they just started my finger prints so it would probably be some time in January. Anyway, when I saw the letter containing my Tax stamp, my first imprssion was that something was wrong, and they were probably going to run me through some hurdles. Wheeeeww! Boy was I releived! Now I have to send the gun to Tom at CGW come Monday to cut the barrell to 16". I am going to do the rest of the conversion my self and I am very excited about this project. I want to take pix but I know nothing about how to post them on this site and I still need a digital camera that's easy enough for me to operate. I'll need some help guy's. :cryss:

Macaholic,

That sounds like a neat project. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Tom will take good care of you. Re: camera:

1) set camera to VGA resolution so you don't have to convert pictures later.

2) if taking closeups, look for the little "flower" icon and use this setting.

3) use an on-line hosting site to post your pictures (I like hunt101.com) and then link to the pictures from your post.

Good luck!

Jake

Thanks Jake, I'll remember that when I get started.

Factory Saiga-12K has 17 inches :blues:

I stand corrected, it is 16.9 to be exact. I guess I'll go for the shorter side of just under seventeen inches. I have a Colt 9mm SMG with a 10 3/4 inch barrell but the factory specs say 10.5 inches. Tolerances from one gun to another I guess, I just don't want Tom to cut under 16.' Ha-ha! :super:

Edited by macaholic

Anyway, my Saiga-12 is at CGW and I just sent the check to Vicky today. It's just a matter of time now. Oh yes! I modified an AK trigger guard to the factory shape of a Saiga-12, using Skotts Saiga-12 conversion as a visual refferance. I do plan to post Pix once I get a digital camera, and God willing, figure it out. Is there an instruction guide for Dummies? :lolol:

Edited by macaholic