Rio cops, troops preparing to invade gang haven

Interesting stuff going on in Brazil:

Rio Violence

"RIO DE JANEIRO – Hundreds of police and soldiers surrounded one of Rio's most dangerous slums after the end of a sunset deadline offered to drug gang members holed up inside, though officials late Saturday did not indicate when they might invade.

A police spokesman emphasized to reporters the superior night-fighting capabilities of the troops and officers. A police battalion commander, however, said there was "zero" chance of a nighttime assault to take on the estimated 600 gang members.

In a week of widespread violence blamed on the drug gangs, authorities on Thursday took control of one slum once thought virtually impenetrable. More than 200 armed gang members fled that offensive and ran to the nearby Alemao complex of a dozen slums that are home to at least 85,000 people, followed by security forces on Friday."

What also is interesting is some of the weapons showing up in pics:

FAL para: _50143263_010718722-1.jpg

AR's and a scoped sniper FAL? _50143265_010716951-1.jpg

FAL with scope: Policemen-patrol-slum-in--007.jpg

And this one held by a gang member: capt.c6cb6d163325426fafc86c0ba79621ec-133fd913bac44c699aff84aaab577d01-0.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=r4qz5U7M5fJMaMCpJxq3.w--

Can anyone ID this last rifle?

Edited by Jpanzer

A SIG? Must be a few floating around down south...wonder how a gang thug got his hands on one?

Meh, for the right price, those guys can get their hands on anything with the money they have.

But CK, these are supposed to be "impoverished" slum dwellers...LOL! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Wanna talk about the gangs being well funded, equipped & organized.

Please notice, not only does the 'Thug' have a nice Sig, he has comms too.

These Thugs are closer to organized Guerrillas, don't let the lack of uniforms fool ya.

And don't let Government Media Propaganda down play them.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

Notice how none of the 'good guys' have so much as even a soft patrol cap? If I was walking into a known war zone, I'd want my kevlar helmet!

The two corporals in the first photo don't even have vests! If they do, they're the concealable, pistol only vests!

<----- Rooting for the "bad guys". Brazil is just another globalist controlled piece of the empire. We'll be seeing similar on our own streets in a matter of time I'm sure, hopefully OUR "bad guys" won't be shirtless.

<----- Rooting for the "bad guys". Brazil is just another globalist controlled piece of the empire. We'll be seeing similar on our own streets in a matter of time I'm sure, hopefully OUR "bad guys" won't be shirtless.

Whoa Nelly!

These are not Citizen Militia type Freedom Fighters against a Oppressive & Tyrannical Government, these are Drug Gangs fighting to maintain control of their territories.

Same shit as going on in Mexico, just straight forward Government vs Gangs. You want the same here in the US?

Your absolutely right, we will be seeing similar here, if the Fed continues to leave our borders unsecured and actively fight the States who try to protect themselves.

You'll see Drug gangs doing just such, fighting each other and the police, on our streets.

I too would root for true good guys... But these are not them.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Whoa Nelly!

These are not Citizen Militia type Freedom Fighters against a Oppressive & Tyrannical Government, these are Drug Gangs fighting to maintain control of their territories.

Same shit as going on in Mexico, just straight forward Government vs Gangs. You want the same here in the US?

Your absolutely right, we will be seeing similar here, if the Fed continues to leave our borders unsecured and actively fight the States who try to protect themselves.

You'll see Drug gangs doing just such, fighting each other and the police, on our streets.

I too would root for true good guys... But these are not them.

Yeah, I agree with you to a point Chile... I'm no fan of drug gangs either, but it seems you caught the TRUE meaning of my statement.

Incidentally, exactly WHO put the label of DRUG GANGS on these folks? I'm pretty sure the MSM will be happy to paint with pretty broad brush strokes.

Not saying they're NOT gang bangers, perhaps I should amend my statement...

I'm rooting that they ALL lose.