About to start a conversio

Nope. It stays the same. If you keep it, you will have to grind or file off a little on the right side of the hammer where the pin goes through, to allow the BHO to fit there.

Getting the BHO spring in place is a pain, but there's threads on the best way to do that.

Edited by Corbin

Heres a pic of factory and BHO modded G2 hammer... about 3/32" is all you need to remove on the BHO lever side.

post-8775-0-30684100-1291467179_thumb.jpg

make sure you file/dremel the proper side.. :cryss:

The other option is to leave the BHO lever out which is what some people do also.

Al

Edited by YWHIC

If you keep the BHO, there're a few thing you can do that will make dis/assembly easier.

Notch the top of the BHO for the safety lever to fit through and dog leg the BHO spring so it doesn't slip off the BHO lever easily.

006-1.jpg

And as stated, a unmodified Tapco G2 nees to be modified on the right side to clear the BHO lever.

Or buy the Tromix modified Tapco G2.

well to today i put in some work on the saiga at work... I installed a bullet guide from carolina shooters. took about 15 minutes. i removed the whole trigger assembly and drilled out all the rivets. i had a hard time putting in the bolt hold open spring, but thats because i installed the old one and not the new one. oh well, will take it apart and finish it tomorrow. will try to add pics when done

Getting the BHO spring in place is a pain, but there's threads on the best way to do that.

I use a piece of fishing line.

Loop it through the spring, out the bottom of the BHO slot, pull down and to the side and it holds the spring in place whilst you get everything else into place.

• Like 1

You do not want BHO as a feature on the AK. It is just another part whose purpose is to push the spring to far over. A bloody liability if you ask me...

depends on where you shoot.. my range requires that the action be open when the range is cold.. having a BHO makes that a lot easier..

You do not want BHO as a feature on the AK. It is just another part whose purpose is to push the spring to far over. A bloody liability if you ask me...

depends on where you shoot.. my range requires that the action be open when the range is cold.. having a BHO makes that a lot easier..

I've never been to a range where one couldn't simply insert a chamber flag to meet this rule.

• Like 1

I've never been to a range where one couldn't simply insert a chamber flag to meet this rule.

right.. but that is one more thing to do and carry.. is it not far easier to just simply engage the BHO that is on your gun..