Arsenal & K-VAR's warranty, or lack thereof...

Well, we have a new importer on the block, Arsenal inc. Las Vegas NV. their guns are sold through K-VAR... So I was wondering about their warranty.

RAA is repaired by Tom Cole of Cadiz Gunworks. He's a very reasonable man...

Arsenal is a bit larger of a corporation.

Their warranty seems to reflect this.

ARSENAL LIMITED WARRANTY

This warranty covers any service, repair and /or replacement of any product manufactured or imported by Arsenal Inc. This ensures that all Arsenal Inc. products are fully functional and free from manufacturing defects, according to factory standards.

The duration of this warranty covers any Arsenal Inc. product for, but not limited to, one year from the original purchase of the product.

This warranty does not cover, but not limited to, damage caused by failure to provide proper care and maintenance, abuse and/or misuse, improper ammunition and/or magazine, unauthorized adjustments, repairs, or modifications, normal wear, or cosmetic defects after one year from original purchase.

Failure to provide proper care and maintenance, abuse and/or misuse, improper ammunition and/or magazine, unauthorized adjustments, repairs, or modification, any replacement of factory installed component with any non-factory proved component will automatically void this warranty.

If you have any questions or would like to inquire about service, please contact:

Mailing address only, DO NOT send rifles to this location.

ARSENAL INC. NEVADA, U.S.A.

3395 S. Jones Blvd #331

Las Vegas, NV 89146 USA

Tel.: 702-643-2220 Fax: 702-643-8860

www.arsenalinc.com

ARSENAL SERVICE POLICY

Prior to shipping, your firearm was thoroughly inspected and test fired in order to ensure that it meets and/or exceeds factory specifications and tolerance standards.

If there are any questions or concerns regarding the performance of your product, please contact our customer service department at 1-702-643-2220. Our customer service department will determine if your product requires factory service and/or repair and will give instructions for the proper return of your product. Our qualified technicians will give your product a complete and thorough inspection to evaluate and determine the extent of the problem(s).

All products must be shipped to us prepaid. We will not under any circumstances accept collect shipments.

All shipments must be authorized by a factory customer representative and assigned an RMA Number. The RMA Number must be visible on the outside of the package and included in the note accompanying the package. Do NOT ship rifles without first obtaining an RMA Number first by calling 702-643-2220. No shipment without an RMA number will be accepted. All such shipments will be rejected and returned to the sender.

OTHER INFORMATION

The warranty of your rifle is voided with the use of US made magazines, which are determined by Arsenal, Inc. to be out of Mil Specification and harmful to your rifle.

WARNING: Modern gun cleaning solvents can be very aggressive. Before use, test solvents on a small portion of each part to check for possible damage to the finish of all the various metal and plastic parts. Keep in mind that more then one type of finish may exist on metal parts. Any damages caused by such aggressive solvents will not be covered under warranty.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The paint finish on your rifle is identical to the finish applied on military rifles. Arsenal, Inc. highly recommends using cleaning products approved by the military for such finishes. Your rifle has been effectively tested with a Mil Specification product Break-Free® CLP (Clean, Lubricate, Protect). This product is known to be harmless to your rifle's finish while being an effective cleaner and lubricant. Break-Free® CLP is available commercially and is the only product tested and recommended for use by Arsenal, Inc. Any damages caused by other solvents will not be covered under standard warranty.

So....

Insert a US mag & kiss your warranty goodbye???

Shitty!

Edited by Paulyski

Their wording says nothing about US magazines in a shotgun, only in your "rifle" so I would say legally you might have them unless they change it.

Either way, for their prices, they can keep their offerings...

• Like 1

Their wording says nothing about US magazines in a shotgun, only in your "rifle" so I would say legally you might have them unless they change it.

Either way, for their prices, they can keep their offerings...

Yeah...

You're right...

From another angle...

Maybe Mike-D should do 1 run of drums in Canada for the Arsenal guns? :unsure:

Bring'em over the great lakes like the Kennedys used to do with bootleg whiskey.

Yes, because the relevant wording is as follows:

"which are determined by Arsenal, Inc. to be out of Mil Specification and harmful to your rifle." For a list of magazines Arsenal deems within "military specification", call arsenal rather than starting a fucking hate fest because you can't afford their fine products (Im looking at you Pauly... :haha: ).

Edited by bigsal

You think they'd know if you've ever inserted a US mag into the rifle? Doubtful

I'm sure they'd ask, why have to lie?

Good question... :unsure:

Yes, because the relevant wording is as follows:

"which are determined by Arsenal, Inc. to be out of Mil Specification and harmful to your rifle." For a list of magazines Arsenal deems within "military specification", call arsenal rather than starting a fucking hate fest because you can't afford their fine products (Im looking at you Pauly... :haha: ).

Go fuck ya'self numbnuts. :haha:

I asked for clarification already.

K-VAR said they would get back to us...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=59465&view=findpost&p=565648

That was 41 days ago & counting.

ETA;

It's only a "hatefest" if you read their warranty & feel it's fucked up. Then YOU decide for YOURSELF that it's fucked up.

Also, being as mine runs reliably with all the US made mags & doesn't get damaged, I suppose you're right... I can't afford to run their products. It may end up costing me since US made mags damage THEIR guns according to them.

Edited by Paulyski

Insert a US mag & kiss your warranty goodbye???

Shitty!

This definitely needs further clearification.

The tricky part to this that is often overlooked is that a mag is part of the rifle. So if you place a US made mag that malfunctions in the remainder of the rifle (and too many domestic mags happen to do this) then would Arsenal be liable for a malfunction and need to fix the issue? In this case it wouldn't make sense to warranty something that is obviously not Arsenal at fault. I just can't see why they would not warranty a rifle that had an american made magazine in it in the past but has some other unrelated issue like a canted block.

• Like 1

I am going to go out on a limb here and consider the possibility that they void warranty upon use of US magazines not for quality reasons but for legal reasons. For example, It would be a violation of 922r to stick a typical US made 8-12rd magazine into the shotgun unless it has the right number of compliance parts. Considering how new many people on this site have posted pictures of their unconverted guns with banana magazines hanging out, and god knows how many people out there unaware of 922r even existing, I can see why they may not want anything to do with people who use US magazines, as dumb as it sounds.

For example. They are a big company and deal with lots of Russian guns. The Saiga shotguns are probably only a small share of their business. They sell one, some guy calls up asking for warranty info, they tell him send his rifle back. Bubba Ray sends his factory configured S-12 back with a 12rd Surefire hanging out of it. Now the company is in possession, however briefly and technically and unknowingly, of a gun that would literally cost them their entire business.

Given the shit the ATF gives FFLs, I can't say I agree with their policy or like it, but I can understand why they might be afraid.