MD20 FTF issues with AutoPlug

Hey guys,

I went out this weekend to tune my new TAC 47 auto plug. It went really well. The plug took about 1 full turn to tighten down the valve before it would work flawlessly with my 8 round Surefire Mag and the factory 5 rounder. I went to the extent to test it with 1 rd Winchester Universal, 1 rd brenneke KO Slug, and 1 round home loaded OO Buck all staggerd and went through 2 mag dumps...no issues. Great product. I went to run the MD 20 with winchester universal and it would hang up every round (FTF). I was curious to if you guys think this is a spring issue (i.e. not enough or too much spring pressuring in the drum....if so how do i tighen or loosen it). Also do you guys think the drums take more gas to run effeciently...more so than the stick mags. Pretty sure I was tuning the plug for my stick mags and not my drum. Thanks guys

Jason

In my experience I've found the MD20 drum does take more gas to operate than the surefire and factory 5 round mags.

Before messing with anything mechanical I would suggest trying some Federal 7-1/2 bird shot through the drum. That winchester universal stuff is about as weak as it gets and has very thin hulls and brass. It's only $1 cheaper than the federal bulk packs so if you can get Federal, run Federal.

+1 to the Federal bulk. The Winchester is the cheapest of the cheap.

I've never had any issues with the Autoplug/MD-20 setup using Federal or any other low brass, I did however tune my plug while the drum was feeding it.

• Like 2

I'm sorry I meant failure to eject. And I never tried it with the regular plug. Also do you mean the federal bulk from walmart that they sell next to the universal being a little higher gassed??

That's what I figured. It all makes sense now.

Yes I mean the 7-1/2 shot federal bulk packs that are right next to the win universal at walmart for $1 more.

Not only is it higher gassed but I believe it uses a slower burning powder that allows more energy to enter the gas system because the remington bulk pack bird shot that has all of the same stats does not cycle in my low gas gun as well as the federal.

+1 on the federal. Here it is the same price. It also doesn't deform as easily as the thin walled universal. The con is that it smells more of sulfur and runs a lot dirtier so it takes more time to clean out the gas-block.