I traded a Romy G Build for a Like new 1950 Tula SKS.. Man this thing is built tough. The milled receiver is so heavy. I dont know too much

about these but Beilg like new ( will post bad pics later) is it one of the good ones?? The way this thing is built looks like it will last forever.

Anybody know off hand any problems with this rifle?? From what I read the SKS is reliable, Heavy and well built. I cant wait to get out and

balst a bunch with it.. Cold out so I will stay on this box and see what I am getting and how to prevent me from blowing it up.

Problem with the rifle? You will only find issues, if it has any, after you shoot it... I know many people that have Tula's and have absolutely no issues with them, but each rifle is different and may have different issues... You may have an issue using HP (hollow point) rounds jamming, so test it with FMJ rounds....

Let us know how she shoots and if you have any issues....

Problem with the rifle? You will only find issues, if it has any, after you shoot it... I know many people that have Tula's and have absolutely no issues with them, but each rifle is different and may have different issues... You may have an issue using HP (hollow point) rounds jamming, so test it with FMJ rounds....

Agree--few if any military rifles were designed to feed anything but FMJ and people wind up blaming the gun instead of the ammo.

Agree--few if any military rifles were designed to feed anything but FMJ and people wind up blaming the gun instead of the ammo.

Yep, for the most part these rifles only seem to like the FMJ, my suggestion to the OP is to buy a box of each and test each type of round... I Have a Chinese SKS pinned barrel and she will swallow anything I feed her, which is great for me, don't get me wrong she has miss-fed using HP & SP but it was once or twice out of about 200 rounds each.....

I would also like to see better pics of the rifle, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that you do get that dig camera for xmas lol....

Shot it today.. I was impressed. Not a tack driver but 3" at 50 freezing my ass off was good for the first time.. I fed it HP and FMG Ammo and it ate everything. Flawless

in that area. Sights were good and cleaned up good when I was done. Not bad for a 60 year old rifle. The ergonomics were a little lacking. I see why folks change the stocks

out and lighten it up a little. At this time I have no desire to change anything and wind up in a 922 situation. Maybe just a regular 3-9 scope. I think it would be a nice hunting rifle

but PA doesn't allow semi auto action for Deer. Boo Hoo. I just have to be happy hunting paper plates for now.. At least I dont have to gut them..

Shot it today.. I was impressed. Not a tack driver but 3" at 50 freezing my ass off was good for the first time.. I fed it HP and FMG Ammo and it ate everything. Flawless

in that area. Sights were good and cleaned up good when I was done. Not bad for a 60 year old rifle. The ergonomics were a little lacking. I see why folks change the stocks

out and lighten it up a little. At this time I have no desire to change anything and wind up in a 922 situation. Maybe just a regular 3-9 scope. I think it would be a nice hunting rifle

but PA doesn't allow semi auto action for Deer. Boo Hoo. I just have to be happy hunting paper plates for now.. At least I dont have to gut them..

There are only a couple of ways you can actually do this, 1) with a scout scope mount, you will have to find a scope that has a long eye relief... 2) Another is to purchase a receiver cover that has a rail on it, I had one on mine and in order for me to clean the rifle I (you) will have to remove the receiver cover and it is a good possibility that is will not hold zero.... 3) The best way is to get a Choate side mount, the only issue with this is that you have to drill and tap holes on the side of the receiver to mount this. You will loose value in the rifle by doing so... Tip, do not do not drill and tap over the serial number of the rifle......

Yep, for the most part these rifles only seem to like the FMJ, my suggestion to the OP is to buy a box of each and test each type of round... I Have a Chinese SKS pinned barrel and she will swallow anything I feed her, which is great for me, don't get me wrong she has miss-fed using HP & SP but it was once or twice out of about 200 rounds each.....

I would also like to see better pics of the rifle, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that you do get that dig camera for xmas lol....

I was not aware that a lot of these rifles had issues with FMJ ammunition. I guess I got lucky, given that my 1954 Izhevsk and both of my M59/66's will eat anything I feed them.

I was not aware that a lot of these rifles had issues with FMJ ammunition. I guess I got lucky, given that my 1954 Izhevsk and both of my M59/66's will eat anything I feed them.

No, they do not have issues with FMJ ammo, they have issues with HP's & SP's....

I have done some homework myself. It is not really worth the effort and wind up messing up perhaps a collector

item someday. I am just going to leave it alone. It may take an act of god for Pa to change their regulations on using

a auto loader for deer. It shoots great so I guess why screw with it and cheeze it up. I got plenty of AMG 65's and Romy G

kits to build some nonsence.

No, they do not have issues with FMJ ammo, they have issues with HP's & SP's....

Haha. I made a bad typo there. I meant to go with the original context of the post and say SP and HP rounds; I have not had any issue with Wolf Military Classic hollow points in any of my SKS's or Brown Bear soft point ammunition (with the exception of one stovepipe jam). Thanks for catching that mistake I made.

Hunting with an SKS is simple in PA, we have no mag limit, so, thats not an issue.

Simply, make it a single shot rifle, remove the gas piston, and if you are really worried, the mini gas piston(or op rod) in the middle, and cycle it by hand.

I have hunted with an AR, by removing the gas key, and welding up another one solid, as there is no easily removable part in an AR type rifle, just to take out, though you could do the gas tube if you wanted.

And, ADUH, DONT CARRY THE PARTS WITH YOU TO MAKE IT A SEMI.

And #2, expect any of the retards in green who patrol the woods to fuck with you over the rifle, and give you shit about it, so, have an answer ready when you get asked.

I loved all the guys asking me why I was hunting dear with a "Machine Gun" and giving me dirty looks as I hunted with the AR.....

Oh, edit to add this, I have a B Square no gunsmith mount on one of my SKS's, its a very reliable system, that can be removed from a somewhat rare SKS that you have there.

Edited by frick