ACE hinge coming unlocked under recoil

Has anyone else had a problem with the ACE hinge coming unlocked under recoil on a converted S-12? It's happening more and more frequently to me, usually during a sustained string of fire (such as shooting 5+ steel plates at once) in a 3-gun match. Pretty annoying.

It was suggested to me to flip the hinge over, which would apparently solve the popping open problem but would result in the stock folding to the right, so it would no longer be able to be fired with the stock folded. Any other suggestions before I go and do that, or remove the folder mechanism entirely?

Has anyone else had a problem with the ACE hinge coming unlocked under recoil on a converted S-12? It's happening more and more frequently to me, usually during a sustained string of fire (such as shooting 5+ steel plates at once) in a 3-gun match. Pretty annoying.

It was suggested to me to flip the hinge over, which would apparently solve the popping open problem but would result in the stock folding to the right, so it would no longer be able to be fired with the stock folded. Any other suggestions before I go and do that, or remove the folder mechanism entirely?

My standard folding mechanism comes unlocked pretty easily, too, during rapid fire. I'm switching to a push button folding mechanism on the S12 soon. Have had no problems with the 7.62x39 folding under rapid fire.

What kind of stock do you like best I have a ace folder also would like to fold it left but wont let me slide an optic onto the sight rail

as the hinge sticks out to far that way. Good to know that its not the strongest that way. Mine is now folding right

havent had any problems with it unfolding but i dont do a lot of rapid firing. Has anybody had problems of it coming unfolded when folding right

i would be curious to no?

Yeah I took a lot of flack a while back when I called it a POS because mine would come loose under recoil. The thing won't come loose if you are folding it to the right because the forces work to keep it locked, when folding to the left the forces want to push the thing open under recoil. I fixed mine by throwing it in the trash. The best aftermarket system for a folding stock IMHO is the one sold through the saiga12 store on this site, it locks up very tight and will never come open under recoil.

Yeah I took a lot of flack a while back when I called it a POS because mine would come loose under recoil. The thing won't come loose if you are folding it to the right because the forces work to keep it locked, when folding to the left the forces want to push the thing open under recoil. I fixed mine by throwing it in the trash. The best aftermarket system for a folding stock IMHO is the one sold through the saiga12 store on this site, it locks up very tight and will never come open under recoil.

Yep me too when I said you can't beat the factory folders :horror:

Yep me too when I said you can't beat the factory folders :horror:

Once you go factory you will never settle for something as bulky and unrefined as the Ace sidefolder.