Normally I wouldn't think that anybody would care where I'm at at any particular time and so I don't worry about it. But I'm trying to think of any circumstances that I could get myself into, short of committing a crime which I don't intend to do, that would make me care if anyone could know where I've been. Right now I'm drawing a blank. Somebody help me out.......????:unsure:

• Like 1

Normally I wouldn't think that anybody would care where I'm at at any particular time and so I don't worry about it. But I'm trying to think of any circumstances that I could get myself into, short of committing a crime which I don't intend to do, that would make me care if anyone could know where I've been. Right now I'm drawing a blank. Somebody help me out.......????:unsure:

I agree.

I think Corbin was asking more out of curiosity, as opposed to legit fear that "the man" is going hunt him down. Because honestly, if "they" want to find you, they'll most likely find you, regardless of what kind of phone you have. Unless you're living deep in the woods, cut off from the rest of the world.

If anything, I'd think any Joe Schmo skilled-hacker who can use your regular computer to find you, could use your smartphone to find you. I'm just making assumptions, though. :D

• Like 1

Been downloading countless #'s of apps. Mainly for shits-n-giggles.

-Google Sky Map is pretty cool (and very accurate). Just point your phone to the sky, and it tells you exactly what you're looking at. It's pretty much dead on, too.

-Scanner Radio. Police scanner app. Ya know, for when you want to rob a bank and know where "the man" as, so you can plan your getaway accordingly! :lolol: But you can listen to any area in the country. I was listening to the Chicago's, since they were the busiest at the time. I was also listening to the chatter up where I used to live in NY.

-Some app that shows you where the cheapest gas is.

-.......and plenty of useless stuff that got quickly deleted. :lolol:

TOOL APPS:

Barcode Scanner - Lets you scan barcodes using the camera. Mainly used to shortcut to the download section of other apps.

What does this mean exactly, "Mainly used to shortcut to the download section of other apps"?

EDIT: Now I see what you mean. When you're looking at the apps on your computer, you can hold up the scanner to the barcode and it brings up the app!

Edited by -Shooter-

I have the Droid Eris. I absolutely love it. I would suggest you get the Advanced Task Killer. It helps a lot at saving your battery. But I do agree that the biggest downside is the battery life. But you can plug it into the wall, your computer or your vehicle so you almost always have some way of charging it.

Having one of these is like having a tiny little computer with you wherever you go.

• Like 1

I have the Droid Eris. I absolutely love it. I would suggest you get the Advanced Task Killer. It helps a lot at saving your battery. But I do agree that the biggest downside is the battery life. But you can plug it into the wall, your computer or your vehicle so you almost always have some way of charging it.

Having one of these is like having a tiny little computer with you wherever you go.

Yeah, I'm getting used to the battery life span, compared to my old LG EnV2. Just something you have to deal with, with a smartphone though, I guess. Even the guy at the Verizon store made sure we realized it's a lot different, battery life-wise, than our EnV2's. I've already done all the battery-saving-tips I read about online. I can go about 24 hours without needing to recharge, which is pretty good, considering how much I use it.

The only problem (which might be with my computer, as opposed to the phone).......is when I hook my phone up to my laptop, via USB, I can't get into the SD card to transfer files between the phone and PC. I'll try to double-click on the drive, and it just freezes up my PC until I unplug the USB. I thought maybe it was my phone, or my SD card, but I tried my girl's X and it does the same thing. But when I physically pull the SD card from the phone, and use the adapter that I already had, to plug it directly into my PC, it reads the card just fine and I can get into it.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

And the great thing is you can also use the phone and your data plan as a wireless modem for your laptop or netbook if you do want to use a more full sized computer for internet while on the go. That's called "tethering".

• Like 1

yep the Android OS does need to have some sort of legit task management or the time between charges will be short

Yes isn't is superb HTC ROCKS

Like I said HTC FTW!!! BTW that 'droid' eris, is a HTC device...a lot of people get confuzzled by the marketing hype and the branding the commercials and naming...the droid you are mentioning is an operating system, and the phone is made by HTC...when i said no moto, I meant the MOTO droid, Android on a HTC is king.

And the great thing is you can also use the phone and your data plan as a wireless modem for your laptop or netbook if you do want to use a more full sized computer for internet while on the go. That's called "tethering".

yep :devil: and with my HTC I have been able to wireless tether for years now, butthey are going the way of the dodo with free tethering nowadays, as it is harder to hack and sneak around it

Yeah, I'm getting used to the battery life span, compared to my old LG EnV2. Just something you have to deal with, with a smartphone though, I guess. Even the guy at the Verizon store made sure we realized it's a lot different, battery life-wise, than our EnV2's. I've already done all the battery-saving-tips I read about online. I can go about 24 hours without needing to recharge, which is pretty good, considering how much I use it.

The only problem (which might be with my computer, as opposed to the phone).......is when I hook my phone up to my laptop, via USB, I can't get into the SD card to transfer files between the phone and PC. I'll try to double-click on the drive, and it just freezes up my PC until I unplug the USB. I thought maybe it was my phone, or my SD card, but I tried my girl's X and it does the same thing. But when I physically pull the SD card from the phone, and use the adapter that I already had, to plug it directly into my PC, it reads the card just fine and I can get into it.

There are many mods you can make with higher end phones, especially windows mobile, that can dramatically increase time between charges...but all the bells and whistles and vibrate goodies will wear down on it, turn the screen brightness down, and anything else you can live without or do not need like weather updater and push email and you will notice a dramatic change day one...

As to the memory card situation a lot of devices have to have drivers and be sync'd for that, have you made sure this is not the case?

yep the Android OS does need to have some sort of legit task management or the time between charges will be short

Yes isn't is superb HTC ROCKS

Like I said HTC FTW!!! BTW that 'droid' eris, is a HTC device...a lot of people get confuzzled by the marketing hype and the branding the commercials and naming...the droid you are mentioning is an operating system, and the phone is made by HTC...when i said no moto, I meant the MOTO droid, Android on a HTC is king.

yep :devil: and with my HTC I have been able to wireless tether for years now, butthey are going the way of the dodo with free tethering nowadays, as it is harder to hack and sneak around it

Hmm, I'm not sure I know what you mean. Free tethering (not wireless) has never been a problem for me yet and I've never had to hack anything. It's all done with a legal app.

• Like 1

As to the memory card situation a lot of devices have to have drivers and be sync'd for that, have you made sure this is not the case?

I'm pretty sure the drivers are good to go. When I first plugged the Droid into my laptop, my PC said it was automatically downloading the appropriate drivers. So I'm not sure what's up.

There are many mods you can make with higher end phones, especially windows mobile, that can dramatically increase time between charges...but all the bells and whistles and vibrate goodies will wear down on it, turn the screen brightness down, and anything else you can live without or do not need like weather updater and push email and you will notice a dramatic change day one...

My laptop won't even start up if my phone is plugged in before the cpu boots up...I also have no sync with the memory card.

• Like 1