Saiga fcg vs tapco fcg

Okay guys I have been reading about saiga conversions lately and have been pondering Fire control groups. I know when people do there conversion on there saigas they usually use the tapco single hook fcg, but do they use it only for 922r or because the stock fcg will not longer work? I have tried to find the answer on google but I keep turning up nada. Thanks guys. Magua

The Tapco G2 is one of the best AK FCG on the market. It gives you compliance parts, and works very simply and effectively. It could be argued that the RSA adjustable units are "better" but imo, they are overpriced and too complicated for a trigger on a rifle like an AK...

It depends on whether you're talking about a real PG conversion or a half-hindquarter PG conversion. If you're doing the real job, i.e. removing the bottom plate from and attaching the grip to the receiver, the stock Saiga FCG will no longer fit. A domestically manufactured FCG is not a necessity for 922r compliance, but it's an easy way of knocking three parts off the list right away. The Tapco FCG is pretty good for the money. Mine took a few dozen rounds before it broke in, but it is now very predictable. It won't be mistaken for a match trigger, but it is functional for field grade accuracy. Just keep in mind that you may need to modify the hammer of the Tapco kit slightly to work properly or purchase one already modified by Dinzag or Tromix.

Sorry for jumping in on this, but when you do the FCG conversion can you still be able to make your riffle/shotgun do the last round stay open (not sure what it is called) And I was told to go for the Red star FCG, so Redstar or Tapco? Thanks

Edited by kyblaster

I couldn't believe the difference after getting Tapco-Tromix from Carolina Shooter's Supply:

http://store.carolin...ER-TAPCO/Detail

It's smooth and predictable, and worth every penny.

It's even superior to original, Soviet-made AK-74.

CSS service (Greg Q.) is second to none!

Edited by Sgt. Raven

The factory trigger uses a 'linkage' system that involves a 'tip' lever that then connects to the trigger..

The Tapco (or Std AK trigger system) does not. & like mentioned before the bottom 'plate' covers the view from the bottom..

Hope that helps..

Al

Sorry for jumping in on this, but when you do the FCG conversion can you still be able to make your riffle/shotgun do the last round stay open (not sure what it is called) And I was told to go for the Red star FCG, so Redstar or Tapco? Thanks

It doesnt have a LRBHO (Last Round Bolt Hold Open) from the factory, all it has is a manual BHO. But yes you can reinstall the BHO if you wanted to. Most magazines can be made to be LRBHO by use of the follower stopping the bolt from closing. Once the mag is removed tho, the bolt will close.

Adjustable triggers are nice for match type competition rifles like bolt guns but IMO they are not needed in a firearm like an AK. I would (and do on all three of my Saigas) use the Tapco single hook FCG, they are cheap and reliable.

K.I.S.S. is the idea with a Kalashnikov!