The Wife's Lil' Stick

I built my wife a 16" AR a couple of years ago and she said it was too heavy, so I suggested a SBR. After the ATF wait, getting it engraved, and gathering parts.... here's her Lil' Stick. I think a decent optic may keep things interesting for her and make learning the platform less frustrating. I have an Aimpoint Comp ML3 and she likes it, but I don't want to add much weight to this rifle. What should I put on this that has a dot or Chevron reticle and doesn't weigh much? Also, I don't want to break the bank, but don't want to go super cheap either. I am leaning towards an Eotech XPS, but have never used one. I love my Aimpoint, but I have never used a Micro. Suggestions?

post-22401-0-26567800-1294279618_thumb.jpg

Specs:

Tactical Machining TM15 lower receiver (engraved by GPI of Jacksonville)

mixed LPK

TD grip

VLTOR Modstock

STAG tube

Tactical Machining upper receiver

LMT BCG

YHM Phantom 5C1

Matech BUIS

MI BUIS

DD 9.0 Literail

Noveske Crusader 12.5" (I may talk her into a SP4/M4.... my evl plan is coming together )

VLTOR big button QD swivels

old Colt sling

Ergo ladder covers

• Like 4

Well +1 to sir. I can't even get my chick to consider going shooting

She was scared of guns until I threw my loaded G19 across the room. She was under the impression that guns might just 'go off'. I 'disproved' that theory. After hitting the range a couple times, she was interested. I think she got that little 'rush' when she fired and liked it. She now has 2 Walther P22s and this SBR. I have a nice Ruger 10 22 coming and I have a feeling that she will claim that too. That's ok. It will give me an excuse to build one :angel:

If things ever go bad, it will be comforting to know that she has my back.

• Like 1

Well +1 to u sir. I can't even get my chick to consider going shooting

She was scared of guns until I threw my loaded G19 across the room. She was under the impression that guns might just 'go off'. I 'disproved' that theory. After hitting the range a couple times, she was interested. I think she got that little 'rush' when she fired and liked it. She now has 2 Walther P22s and this SBR. I have a nice Ruger 10 22 coming and I have a feeling that she will claim that too. That's ok. It will give me an excuse to build one :angel:

Mine just doesnt like them altogether. Way too girly. That's really cool she's taken a liking to guns.

I know, right. Im totally screwed. :lolol:

Well +1 to u sir. I can't even get my chick to consider going shooting

Mine just doesnt like them altogether. Way too girly. That's really cool she's taken a liking to guns.

I know, right. Im totally screwed. :lolol:

Another thing about them being handy with weapons is they might actually cover their own ass.

Nice looking rig! I wish my girl was into guns. (I feel your pain, AZG)

Thank you Sir. It has been over a year in the making.

Reminds me of the story about 6-8 months ago about a guy showing his GF that when the selector on a handgun is on safe you should not be afraid, he holds it to his head and pulls the trigger and kills himself right in front of her....

He too was an expert in weaponry..... :rolleyes:

People are not smart...... Just sharing......

Reminds me of the story about 6-8 months ago about a guy showing his GF that when the selector on a handgun is on safe you should not be afraid, he holds it to his head and pulls the trigger and kills himself right in front of her....

He too was an expert in weaponry..... :rolleyes:

People are not smart...... Just sharing......

I wouldn't throw a 1911 across the room even if it was on safe, but the Glock has had many falls on concrete, dirt, etc.. I do not fear it going off without someone or something manipulating the safety and the trigger. Knowledge of each weapon s and its safe limits are a plus.

Dude if you are stupid enough to throw any loaded gun across a room you deserve whatever happens to you. You should seriously reconsider your logic here and not do this again...

Dude if you are stupid enough to throw any loaded gun across a room you deserve whatever happens to you. You should seriously reconsider your logic here and not do this again...

You really do not need to be rude, and am sure that you can articulate your thoughts in a more polity manner....

• Like 1

did you do a trust? If not you cant take it anywhere without her. kind of sucks if you want to use it.

glocks are drop proof, the gun cant fire unless something pulls the little safety on the trigger and the trigger itself.

As the first of the three GLOCK “Safe Action” safety features, the trigger safety prevents inadvertent firing by lateral forces on the trigger. Releasing the trigger will automatically reactivate the safety"Firing Pin Safety Blocks Firing Pin Channel Making Igniting the Chambered Cartridge By The Firing Pin Impossible, Drop Safety: Prevents Unintentional Fire If Glock® Is Dropped

Just dont grab for the gun if you drop it, let it fall, then pick it up.

Edited by mike123456
  • Like 1