I class coyotes in same class as armadillos, hogs, raccoons, and opossums.

Now, I know everyone here is "their own man" and has that chest-thumping, "I don't need

the government to tell me shit" attitude that passes for machismo these days, but there's

a reason there are usually not seasons on these animals, and there are on turkeys, deer,

dove, duck, rabbit, etc.

When one factors in the breeding rates of most nuisance animals, you can see that, even if

everyone were to shoot them on sight, the population would still grow. Also factor in what

they do to turkey nests, crops, people's pets, and garbage containers, and you'll see that

there is a very good reason to shoot coyotes and other varmints on sight.

Now, please understand, I'm not trying to tell people what to do, or what to think. If you

don't want to shoot a coyote, that's cool. However, don't go saying that I shoot them for

no good reason, because that is not true at all. I shoot them for many good reasons, as

outlined above.

Carry on.

Actually, if you go back and and look at that comment, it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at Ironhead because he said he would shoot this particular coyote in the video "just in case" it was rabid. Well, there are absolutely zero, nada, zilch signs of this coyote being rabid so if he was shooting it for that reason he would have been mistaken, hence the comment "no good reason". What I did say about you is that I don't understand your mentality. Don't get me wrong, we disagree strongly on this and I'm cool with that, but don't put words in my mouth.

• Like 1

Now, I know everyone here is "their own man" and has that chest-thumping, "I don't need

the government to tell me shit" attitude that passes for machismo these days, but there's

a reason there are usually not seasons on these animals, and there are on turkeys, deer,

dove, duck, rabbit, etc.

When one factors in the breeding rates of most nuisance animals, you can see that, even if

everyone were to shoot them on sight, the population would still grow. Also factor in what

they do to turkey nests, crops, people's pets, and garbage containers, and you'll see that

Now, please understand, I'm not trying to tell people what to do, or what to think. If you

don't want to shoot a coyote, that's cool. However, don't go saying that I shoot them for

no good reason, because that is not true at all. I shoot them for many good reasons, as

outlined above.

Carry on.

Actually, if you go back and and look at that comment, it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at Ironhead because he said he would shoot this particular coyote in the video "just in case" it was rabid. Well, there are absolutely zero, nada, zilch signs of this coyote being rabid so if he was shooting it for that reason he would have been mistaken, hence the comment "no good reason". What I did say about you is that I don't understand your mentality. Don't get me wrong, we disagree strongly on this and I'm cool with that, but don't put words in my mouth.

Exactly, Ive seen a few rabid animals in my life. And let me tell you, you will know. They are not healthy.

• Like 2

dove, duck, rabbit, etc.

outlined above.

Carry on.

Actually, if you go back and look at that comment, it wasn't directed at just you.

One of the signs that an animal is rabid is that it may appear friendly. Also taking a nip that breaks the skin will cost you as rabies treatment is quite expensive. To me that is very odd behavior. Rabies is nothing to fool with. You can take your chances with a predator if you like but if that thing persisted on bothering me I would shoot it. We have a lot of coyotes here and they never get close to people.