loose muzzle brake

my muzzle brake (ak74 type, 24x1.5mm) when tightened til it stops, is about a quarter turn shy of the pin , so i have to back it up 3 quarters of a full turn to lock into the detent pin, which leaves the brake wobbly, is there a cure, crush washer , file down brake on muzzle end , or don`t worry about it? thanks

ohhhh LAWD please no more JB weld!:cryss:

:ded:

As long as your brake is alligned correctly and it screws all the way down a little bit loose is fine dude. Its not like wobbling side to side or any crazy shit right?

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 2

A little wobbly is fine, but if you wanted to you could file a little off the end of the brake until it went that last quarter of a turn.

I would like to reiterate my point that if you use JB weld on a gun, you should be caned, tarred and feathered, and teabagged by a leper.naaaa.gif

This is your brain on JB Weld.

post-16335-0-03465400-1295395683_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

just slather it up with JB,..

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Ive also heard of using teflon tape. Mine also jiggles ever so slightly and it doesnt affect my accuracy. Forgive my spelling. No JB weld though. :horror:

Please elaborate sir. inform the op of how jb weld is a good idea. especially when he wants to clean it. or decides he wants to attach a different brake/hider. :rolleyes:

I love that avatar man.

I'd use the heat resistant teflon tape.

You can also use the crush washer for an AR-10.. which is what I've got on mine and it works great. But I'm not using a detent pin either.. you might not have room for the crush washer with that.

I can't tell who's being facetious here.

They are just dragging out an old argument here about JB weld is all. You would never use JB on a muzzle attachment nor would I weld it though some do. Run it by a smith he can see exactly whats happened and tell you how to fix it.