So I've taken the G3 clone plunge

I've been eye fucking some HK91's and PTR's for about a year now, and uncharacteristically have done a bunch of research before buying anything. At first I was all about the PTR's that they have at CDNN, but after reading a bit about the new heavy barrels they come with and the possibility of issues with flute depth, I couldn't justify spending $900 on a gun that may or may not work right. So I started looking at HK91's and older JLD built PTR's. I was close to dropping about 2K on an HK, which is a good price for an HK, but then I found this one on gun broker, and was able to get it on layaway. Unfired, circa 2000 serial number.

pix168991255.jpg

I plan on replacing the stock and pistol grip with OD green pieces, but I can't tell if the front is jungle green or OD. If its jungle I'll replace everything. Obviously, the barrel will need to be threaded, and I'm going to get a carry handle too.

I sold my S308 to finance this one, based mainly on the price of magazines. I can pay more for the gun and get cheap mags, plus I have a bunch of AK's, time to branch out.

I know some people on here have G3 clones, anything particular I should know about them? I think I covered most of my bases with an early "A" serial number JLD built rifle, but am open to suggestions.

I've been eye fucking some HK91's and PTR's for about a year now, and uncharacteristically have done a bunch of research before buying anything. At first I was all about the PTR's that they have at CDNN, but after reading a bit about the new heavy barrels they come with and the possibility of issues with flute depth, I couldn't justify spending $900 on a gun that may or may not work right. So I started looking at HK91's and older JLD built PTR's. I was close to dropping about 2K on an HK, which is a good price for an HK, but then I found this one on gun broker, and was able to get it on layaway. Unfired, circa 2000 serial number.

pix168991255.jpg

I plan on replacing the stock and pistol grip with OD green pieces, but I can't tell if the front is jungle green or OD. If its jungle I'll replace everything. Obviously, the barrel will need to be threaded, and I'm going to get a carry handle too.

I sold my S308 to finance this one, based mainly on the price of magazines. I can pay more for the gun and get cheap mags, plus I have a bunch of AK's, time to branch out.

I know some people on here have G3 clones, anything particular I should know about them? I think I covered most of my bases with an early "A" serial number JLD built rifle, but am open to suggestions.

My local shop has an UNFIRED real deal HK 91 with sniper package ( adjustable comb stock, bipod and hendsolt scope with mount, all original and never used )

If youre interested drop me a PM and Ill get you the info.

PTRs are nice, but it aint no HK 91

Edited by GREYLUPO

What's the asking price? I've secured this one for $900, not really interested in a scope at the moment, I'm really just looking for a decent .308 battle rifle.

Im going up tomarrow Ill check on it and PM you. Scope yes but you can take it off. Some weeks ago a really old man came in with 3 of them. 1 HK 91 used reg and 2 HK 91 snipers both NIB from the 80s

he bought them back when they were a good deal. 2 are sold 1 is left.

Speaking of the G3 clone. What is to be done about the brass being shot into the next

zip code and getting dented all to hell?

I have seen port buffers for sale, do they work? Would like to keep used brass in reloadable

condition.

The reports I've read said the port buffers do help.