I had my local gunsmith ceraktote my rifle and micro slick the internals. Cerakote is a ceramic that is baked on to the metal. Much more durable than just about any other finish including duracoat. I got the gun refinshed in tungsten grey and armors black which ran me about $140. That included bead blasting the whole gun to remove all the old finsh and then spraying and baking the rifle to cure the cerakote. The micro slick was another $60 but well worth it. Actions smooth like glass and the finish is self lubricating

Cerakote is on there once baked, Alumahyde 2 is similar but requres less heat to fully cure....Duracoat takes much longer to cure and requires bead blasting.

For AKs the Cerakote is applied over parkerizing the AK first.

I have a Benelli M2 at the Cerakote application station now.....

Edited by alex e

^ Yea, I used AllumihydeII on my WASR and it cured pretty nice. You're supposed to use a hair dryer or something to cure it in between coats of paint for like 30 sec. I used gloss black because it hardens thicker for some reason than matte and then I waited for it to cure completely and went over it again with a clear matte AlumihydeII and it looks sweet. It's pretty durable but it scrapes off under the slector switch and on the edge of the receiver under the dust cover a bit, oh well. What doesn't? lol.