reduced power recoil spring from CSS

Hi yall,

While back I posted that my 12 was about 90% with low brass. After thinking about drilling the ports and having everything ready to due so, I changed my mind and decided to give CSS's #1 reduced power recoil spring a try. I am now 100% with low brass. I haven't tried buck and slugs but I suspect I may need a gunfixer or V-plug for that. This worked for me cause I don't shoot 3"mags often and finding the time to drill the ports is tough right now. I still will probably drill at a later date.

I know a lot of folks will not approve of using the new spring (EVIL/Paulyski) but it may be a good alternative for someone who lacks the ability or resources to drill the ports proper. Its not hard to do, but work schedule prohibts me right now.

Hopes this helps someone.

Thanks,

RF

I may also try the auto plug but I suspect that it wont work unless I drill cause it bleeds off gas to function

Edited by redfish28

Hi Red Fish

When I first got my S12 (a 4 holer), it wasn't really broken in and exhibited some issues with low brass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn3EPsvegOE

I used the lower power recoil spring as well as the reduced power mainspring and that helped. I also polished the hammer face and bolt carrier. The biggest thing I did to remedy the situation though was just to shoot it. After having put (I'm estimating) about 2K rounds through it, I went back to the original recoil spring and it still cycles anything I feed it, including the very reduced power 2" buckshot rounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544FSOBxhE0

I've used the stock puck, a CHAOS puck, a twister puck and a tapco puck. All were about the same with the twister being a little cleaner, though it was hard to remove and install. I've since went back to the CHAOS puck, which looks like the stock one, only it's made in the U.S.A. The Tapco is similar.

Another thing I've done was to try the various plugs out there. I have the Gunfixer, the MD Arms and the new Auto Plug. All work well, though I haven't had the Auto Plug long enough to have tested it much.

I hope this helps

Corbin

Hi yall,

While back I posted that my 12 was about 90% with low brass. After thinking about drilling the ports and having everything ready to due so, I changed my mind and decided to give CSS's #1 reduced power recoil spring a try. I am now 100% with low brass. I haven't tried buck and slugs but I suspect I may need a gunfixer or V-plug for that. This worked for me cause I don't shoot 3"mags often and finding the time to drill the ports is tough right now. I still will probably drill at a later date.

I know a lot of folks will not approve of using the new spring (EVIL/Paulyski) but it may be a good alternative for someone who lacks the ability or resources to drill the ports proper. Its not hard to do, but work schedule prohibts me right now.

Hopes this helps someone.

Thanks,

RF

I may also try the auto plug but I suspect that it wont work unless I drill cause it bleeds off gas to function

Look ma.... no funky springs ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejy58DCoYKE

Seriously, as long as your are happy and enjoying your weapon that is truly all that matters. Don't worry about what Pauly and I say.

evl....

Great another excuse for Evil to post his video again. :lolol: . You have to remember one thing, it's YOUR GUN do with it what you want. Have fun with it.

:killer::lolol::haha:

I have to wear it out all that I can. I will soon shoot another video that blows this one away.... literally. Then I'll wear it out :smoke:

Really, I'm dying to get some new video out and Keith from TAC47 should be done with my rivets soon. Thank you Keith!!!!

Edited by evlblkwpnz