Got some new toys for myself and the missus

Bought a couple of pistols this week(yay, taxes!). A verifiable "His-and-Her" situation, I bought a Ruger .357 Magnum LCR for my wife and a Stainless 6.5" Taurus Judge for myself.

Took them to the range yesterday, and had a blast. A lot of the folks there had never held a Judge, but had seen one in one form or another, so I was spending just as much time letting other people shoot my Judge as I was myself.

My wife loves her new gun, but she does not care for the rough recoil of the .357 Magnum. I tried a few rounds through it and found it pretty damn uncomfortable with the lightweight nature of the LCR, but in a situation requiring the extra stopping power, I believe adrenaline will pretty much render that discomfort null for a bit.

She did enjoy the .38 Specials, though, so I may be doing some +P shopping soon.

With the Judge, I used Winchester's new PDX1 ammo, which I found pretty fun to shoot, although it was, as suspected, pretty useless beyond 7 yards. And even then, while the 3 discs hit somewhat consistent patterns, the BB shot tended to go damn near everywhere. Definitely have to watch firing that kind of ammo when there are bystanders in the area, particularly behind the guy you are firing at.

Fun times.

I bought a 6.5 judge a couple of months ago and I love it. I was shooting clays at about 15 yards the other day. I normally shoot a lot of 45 long colt ammo threw mine but it's getting really hard to find. Glad your happy with it.

This is what caused me to start reloading again after about 25 years.

I used my judge for the CWP course and that was a blast. I would recommend the Blazer .45 colt ammo for plinking. Not too bad on price and any shop can order it. The PDX1 is nice for close range, but get yourself some critical defense .45 colt for long range. It leaves large holes after it flowers :devil:.

I bought a 6.5 judge a couple of months ago and I love it. I was shooting clays at about 15 yards the other day. I normally shoot a lot of 45 long colt ammo threw mine but it's getting really hard to find. Glad your happy with it.

This is what caused me to start reloading again after about 25 years.

45 long colt is what caused me to start reloading.

The fiance is interested in an LCR or S&W Bodyguard in 38 spl. You said recoil was alright with 38s?

Yes. My wife and I both agree that the recoil in such a small package is pretty controllable and fun to shoot. I think your fiance would have no problem handling an LCR.

My wife tried .38 Special in Lead and jacketed lead. She preferred the jacketed rounds.

Here's mine.

6.5" Judge shooting Winchester's PDX1 .410 shotshells.

I know that it's pretty difficult to see, but if you look closely enough, you can see the holes being ripped into the target.

I can't help but wonder, however, if I am holding the pistol too much like a semi-auto. Would it help accuracy if I shoot a revolver with a traditional "straight-arm"-style?

Edited by Photoguy